Duties Description Individual will assist in providing professional support to the Office of the Executive.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Format, draft and proofread legal documents.
• Conduct legal research.
• Assist in drafting Executive Administrative hearing decisions.
• Provide assistance to others by performing various legal and administrative tasks, including but not limited to: mailing, scanning, faxing, filing and copying. Assist with the creation, documentation and implementation of procedures and filing systems.
• Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times. Will receive confidentiality training as part of internship.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Number of Hours: 20 – 30 up to full time during breaks.
Established in 2013 by the Protection with Special Needs Act; The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center) is charged with protecting over one million New Yorkers under the care or jurisdiction across six State Oversight Agencies. https://www.justicecenter.ny.gov/
NOTE ON FINGERPRINTING: Please be advised that should you accept a job offer with this agency, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay for the cost of the fingerprinting fee.
NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the Justice Center’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.