Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of relevant experience in institutional, corporate bond markets. Preference may be given to candidates who have obtained their MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential (CFA study at any level a plus).
• Experience with portfolio management software. Knowledge of analytic systems including, but not limited to, Blackrock Aladdin, Bloomberg PORT, and Yield Book;
• Experience with electronic trading platforms such as Market Access, and Blackrock Aladdin.
• High level of proficiency in MS Office, Power Point, Excel, etc.;
• Strong math, statistical, and quantitative skills around fixed-income markets;
• Attention to detail and have a passion about investment management;
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Duties Description The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) is a governmental insurance carrier that provides workers’ compensation and disability benefits for employers in New York State. For over one hundred years, our mission has been to guarantee the availability of this insurance for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere, and to strive to be the lowest cost provider. We are the largest workers’ compensation insurer in the state of New York, with close to 50% of the market.
When you become a part of NYSIF, you are working for a company whose core values include inclusiveness, collaboration, and career enhancement. We are committed to the well being of all our employees and hope to instill a sense of pride about being part of the organization. We believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are critical to success. In 2022, Forbes magazine listed the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) as one of the top fifty best Midsize Employers in America.
NYSIF is seeking to fill an Assistant Corporate Portfolio Manager role to support all aspects of the portfolio management function. This position will assist in the daily management activities of an $8 billion corporate bond portfolio. This position will be a key role in overseeing the support processes around portfolio management and will report to the Corporate Portfolio Manager(CPM).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist the CPM in developing investment strategies for NYSIF’s corporate bond portfolio;
• Recommend corporate credit strategies at both the sector and individual company level and performance of credit risk analyses;
• Execute the purchase and sale of corporate bonds and related responsibilities including, but not limited to; sourcing securities, processing trades, and assisting in any settlement or operational issues;
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the corporate credit markets and develop ideas not limited to relative value and fundamental analysis;
• Establish and maintain connections with trading and syndicate partners, securities lending providers, and financial institutions;
• Support routine reporting and results of NYSIF’s corporate bond portfolio;
• Ensure compliance with investment policy guidelines;
• Support execution of government and agency securities.
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation.
• Future Career Growth Potential.
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment.
• Plentiful Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals.
• Paid State and Federal Holidays.
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental.
• Retirement Options.
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules.
NYSIF Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) prioritizes and champions diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) throughout our agency. NYSIF provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state, and local law. We believe that embracing our differences brings richness, new ideas and experiences to NYSIF, which energizes a creative and innovative work environment. We strive to foster a workplace where diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision-making process and have ample opportunity for advancement. We are committed to investing the necessary resources and attention to improving the engagement, retention, and promotion of the extraordinary talent we have.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.