Minimum Qualifications Education required: Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Technology is preferred.
Experience required: Minimum 5 years’ experience as Construction Site Representative, Architect’s Representative, or Construction Superintendent on multi-million-dollar projects. Experience in scheduling, cost reviews, payments, coordinating. Each year of higher education leading to a degree may be substituted for one year experience, up to four years.
Knowledge required: Ability to interpret contract plans and specifications, cost estimating methods, materials and techniques Building Code requirements, construction.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Monitors the construction progress and budget of projects, or in the case of certain projects, provides a continuous review function for compliance with contractual requirements and/or Loan & Grant Agreement Requirements. Checks progress, reviews changes, inspects and determines compliance with scope of work, and contracts; reviews trade payment breakdown and monthly requests for progress prior to approval by supervisor. Projects will be located primarily in the NYC, LI, and Mid-Hudson Regions of NYS.
• Checks and monitors work in progress against approved schedule, contract documents and approved project plan.
• Reviews changes in final drawings in conjunction with developer and contractor to determine if scope of work is affected.
• Reviews proposed change orders for validity and recommends approval or disapproval.
• Submits status reports to supervisor.
• Follows up, expedites required documentation from developer - final survey, guarantees, as-built drawings, certificates of occupancy, and all related design and construction requirements.
• Attends pre-construction conferences to familiarize architects, contractor with Empire State Development operating procedures; schedules job meetings; responsible for satisfactory completion of project.
• Reviews and approves trade payment breakdowns, progress schedules, drawdowns.
• Reviews and approves monthly payment requisitions to determine actual percentage of work acceptably completed.
• Reviews requests for change orders, recommends approval/disapproval.
• Reviews, inspects, contractor work to determine compliance with contract and code requirements.
• Performs Building Department inspection for Empire State Development projects.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY