Occupational CategoryFinancial, Accounting, Auditing
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $49202 to $77912 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications Minimum qualifications:
Reachable for appointment on current Civil Service eligible list used for filling this title; OR one year of permanent, competitive class service as an Auditor 1; OR one year of permanent, competitive class service in a title approved by the Department of Civil Service for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Titles eligible for transfer to the Trainee 1 level include but are not limited to: Accountant Aide, State Program Examiner Trainee 1 Fiscal.
Titles eligible for transfer to the journey level include but are not limited to: Auditor 1 Fiscal Systems, Financial Services Examiner 1, Internal Auditor 1, Management Specialist 1, Senior Accountant, Senior Budgeting Analyst, State Program Examiner 1.
Please note, employees in a transferable title may also be required to meet the additional qualifications of a bachelor's or higher degree in accounting, auditing, or taxation, OR a bachelor’s or higher degree with 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Strong interpersonal, researching, analytical, and organization skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collect and analyze data, draw conclusions and develop recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects at one time with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Working knowledge of COSO internal control framework and internal control over financial reporting
• 2-3 years Public Accounting experience
• Experience in an insurance company a plus
Duties Description Under the direction of the Director of Internal Control, incumbent will participate in process reviews designed to analyze and evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls, evaluate compliance with agency policies and procedures, and formulate recommendations for corrective actions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct walkthrough meeting’s
- Perform analysis of processes to identify key risks and internal control’s
- Develop and perform test plans of internal control design and effectiveness
- Identify control deficiencies and recommend corrective actions
- Maintain workpaper documentation
- Prepare written reports to communicate review results to management
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers
Additional Comments This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
Candidates with a score of 100 or higher on the current PCO Select Titles eligible list for this title are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must possess a bachelor's or higher degree in accounting, auditing, or taxation, or a bachelor's or higher degree with 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation courses. Please note that courses such as business law, economics, statistics, and most finance courses, although taken as part of an accounting curriculum, cannot be counted toward the 24 semester credit hours.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.