800 North Pearl St.
Minimum Qualifications A high school diploma or have earned a high school equivalency diploma AND six (6) months of full-time equivalent work experience in customer service*
Sixty (60) semester credit hours or a bachelor’s degree
*Customer service, for this purpose, is defined as the use of verbal communication as the primary means of providing information regarding policies, procedures, services, or products to the general public.
Examples of preferred work experience include, but are not limited to, call center agent, customer service.
Part time positions may be available upon completion of training. Full-time, in-person training is approximately 8-12 weeks.
Duties Description Provide initial personal contact response over the telephone to customers regarding self-service and navigation of the PeopleSoft system.
• Resolves the most straightforward requests, questions, or problems by explaining and interpreting the PeopleSoft system (i.e., walks customers through the self-service functionality, on a step-by-step basis, for the purposes of helping them complete address changes and understanding the loan process including taxability of loans, multiple vs. refinance loans, and loan eligibility.
• Assists customers in registering for the self-service portal through identification of the callers (i.e., confirmation of names, addresses, registration numbers/social security numbers, dates of birth, and last known employers).
• Logs Problem Incident Reports (PIRS) in the event the PeopleSoft system is not operating as designed or there is a system defect; these incidents are reports to the Redesign Team.
Assists in the completion of casework and resolution of other Retirement System matters, as necessary.
• Scans loan forms and completes basic data entry to initiate the loan process.
• Resolves calls pertaining to rudimentary Retirement System matters (i.e., form requests, death reports, faxes, etc.).
Operates a personal computer to access mainframe data and Lotus Notes for the Retirement Systems’ various databases on laws, policies, and procedures.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Retirement System’s MEBEL database.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of the customized Lotus Notes databases, the Internet and OSCs Intranet.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills with staff and customers, both in-person and over the telephone.
• Possesses effective oral and written skills.
• Performs tasks accurately and within specific time frames.
• Operates a personal computer and effectively demonstrates a working knowledge of customized Lotus Notes Databases, the PeopleSoft system, the Retirement System’s MEBEL database with its 60 different case types and action codes, the Internet and OSC’s Intranet in order to access Retirement Systems’ laws, policies and procedures.
• Acquires, retains and applies extensive Self-Service Application knowledge, as well as basic Retirement System knowledge, to respond to customer inquiries.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingSubmit a clear, concise cover letter and resume stating how you meet the above minimum qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than July 1, 2023 Reference CCR 1 - JB in the subject line and on the cover letter for proper routing.
If you have questions about this vacancy, please contact this Division representative:
Division contact: Mandi Lenzi, email@example.com
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section only. The OER ID # should not be included.