TitleOffice of Innovation Director
Occupational CategoryOther Professional Careers
Bargaining UnitM/C - Management / Confidential (Unrepresented)
Salary RangeFrom $150000 to $180000 Annually
Jurisdictional Class Exempt Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications • Master’s Degree in an occupation related to financial services, process improvement, financial product development, and industrial engineering.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of extensive experience in the financial services industries and/or related occupations working on developing new financial tools/processes and creating efficiencies on existing tools/processes.
• Proficiency in using data analyses tools/methodologies.
• Experience in supervision and management of large-scale cross-functional projects.
• Ability to collaborate with peers, managers and policymakers, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Supervisory and management experience.
Duties Description The Office of Innovation Director, reporting to the Executive Department, will support agency internal/external transformation, market modernization, streamlined product delivery, and stakeholder expectations. It will build on the foundation of various agency initiatives and integrate the following into the NYSIF’s operational matrix: lessons learned and identified benchmarks including but not limited to the following agency initiatives: COVID-19 pandemic, cybersecurity, ESG (Environment, Science and Governance), net-zero 2040, etc.
In addition to internal reconfiguration, NYSIF will strategically and succinctly partner with various like-minded government and non-governmental entities to assess the real-time operational environment and develop a comprehensive and strategic future plan. Current processes will be expanded and refined to take advantage of emerging trends and existing commitments.
Efforts will be explored and utilized to embrace changing technologies, artificial intelligence, risk analyses, data analytics, and the infusion of all different types of FinTech and Insurtech. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as an internal consultant to the Executive Director & CEO, the Board of Commissioners, and Executive Staff in the development of policies and procedures related Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc. and advise with detailed plans how the agency continues to progress forward to meet its expanding statutory mandates/obligations.
• Manage agency operational strategies, related to Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc. through the development and/or updating of criterion, and creation of operational plans including identification of resources (personal and non-personal), technologies, impacts, costs, and risks.
• Evaluate current and future agency initiatives and programs, related to Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc. to identify business opportunities, coordinate systems to ensure high ethical standards, assess information and records, track internal and external issues that affect significant agency operations and recommend risk-mitigation measures, and identify and prioritize needed training needs for agency personnel.
• Develop mechanisms for the agency to stay relevant and competitive with its private sector peers and competitors, to ensure the agency evolves and adapts to federal/state directives and the needs/expectations of all policyholders, related to Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc.
• Identify and implement national and state-wide best practices, continuous improvement projects and policies/procedures, related to Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc.
• Develop, review, analyze, implement, monitor, and report on nation-wide legislative, budgetary and/or insurance initiatives which affect the agency in Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc.
• Build, establish and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholder groups, related to Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc. including industry advocacy groups, professional organizations, and other federal/state government entities to develop and implement uniform policies and procedures where entities have the same jurisdiction.
• Conduct and perform duties/activities, as assigned, related to Innovation, FinTech, Insurtech, etc. which leverage the agency and the state to continue to lead the private sector insurance industry in policy areas and the provision of certain products/services.
• Perform the full range of supervisory functions/responsibilities including training and development, evaluations, hiring and discipline, mentoring, skill assessments, etc.
• Handle all other related/germane matters consistent with agency operations, including business process re-engineering.
Additional Comments Candidate must be New York State resident or willing to relocate.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send application materials to email@example.com. Please note, candidate must be a New York State resident or be willing to relocate.