Minimum Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree. Extensive relevant experience may be substituted.
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management. Some combination of contractor and supplier diversity, minority/women or veteran business development, contract administration, business administration, government affairs or construction related field.
• Familiarity with databases and basic computer software.
• Supervisory experience.
• Familiarity with government procurement, MWBE & SDVOB contracting, and government policy promoting supplier diversity is preferred.
• Ability to present in front of groups, moderate panel discussions, and develop data and content for presentations.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) serves as a liaison between the Office of Contractor and Supplier Diversity (OCSD) and the Vice President, Contract Administration, and the Chief Financial Officer. The AVP will provide oversight and direction of the OCSD’s monitoring of Minority and Women Business Enterprises (MWBEs) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses (SDVOB) to ensure compliance with New York State Executive Law Articles 15-A and 17-B. The OCSD Unit develops, coordinates, and implements policies to maximize the Agency’s utilization of MWBEs & SDVOBs in its procurement, grants, loans, and contracts.
• Serve as primary advisor to the VP, Contract Administration and the Chief Financial Officer for all matters related to contractor and supplier diversity.
• Oversee all MWBE and SDVOB reporting requirements by developing and managing systems and procedures for required reporting and maintenance of records.
• Develop enhanced tracking mechanisms and reporting procedures to capture compliance managers’ outreach efforts.
• Build and maintain relationships with functional management and key external parties involved in contractor and supplier diversity initiatives.
• Assist the VP of Contract Administration in establishing and implementing strategic priorities for the Office of Contractor and Supplier Diversity.
• Provide oversight in the implementation of Statewide policy and programmatic changes to ESD’s program and projects.
• Communicate and coordinate with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure MWBE/SDVOB program success
• Support the Chief Financial Officer and perform other duties and special projects as requested; and
• Complete projects, tasks, and other duties as assigned by the Vice President, Contract Administration.
Additional Comments We offer a competitive salary, hybrid remote/onsite schedule, and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, pension plan, and more. ESD is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY