Minimum Qualifications • Education: Advanced Degree, including Juris Doctor, Master’s in Business Administration, Master’s in Public Administration, or Master’s in relevant fields of study. Advanced degree education requirement may be offset by commensurate additional relevant work experience and/or demonstrated knowledge and skills as noted below.
• Experience: 10+ years relevant work experience with 3+ years’ supervisory/management experience. Experience working in or with government agencies and in semiconductor or related field preferred.
PREFERRED RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in semiconductor or related industry; an understanding of semiconductor technology, terminology, and industry manufacturing processes.
• Government policy experience in at least one of the State's related focus areas, including community development, housing, social equity, sustainability, and workforce development.
• Experience with public speaking and responding to press inquiries.
• Management of multidisciplinary or interagency teams or working groups.
• External community and stakeholder engagement and management.
• Knowledge of relevant state and local governments policy and regulatory frameworks.
• Relevant leadership experience, including strategy building and planning execution, and in technology business development.
• Experience in decision making, and the delegation of responsibilities and accountability.
• Experience in economic development, public-private partnerships, and/or job creation.
• Communication and leadership skills that foster a collaborative work environment.
• Ability to distill a large amount of information, make connections, and succinctly present information
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Governor’s Office of Semiconductor Expansion, Management, and Integration (GO-SEMI) within Empire State Development (ESD) was established following the announcement of Micron’s historic commitment to invest $100 billion in Central New York. The Executive Director will manage the Office, which will support semiconductor manufacturers with the implementation of their projects in New York State; lead and centralize efforts and policies to attract the semiconductor industry and its supply chain; coordinate workforce development and community investments between local, state, federal, and private partners; lead efforts to create, attract and retain the highly skilled workforce needed; and oversee cohesive development focused on smart growth across the state for these nation leading projects.
• Manage a team that oversees economic development projects related to the semiconductor industry - including supply chain companies.
• Build and maintain relationships and partnerships with governmental and quasi-governmental entities, business groups, community-based organizations, training and education providers, and higher education institutions across New York State.
• Plan and facilitate necessary community and stakeholder engagement meetings and events.
• Support and cultivate long-term relationships with existing semiconductor manufacturers and supply chain to ensure project success and the greatest possible benefits to New Yorkers.
• Plan and execute a series of public discussions on issues including workforce, land-use planning, environmental impacts, research and development.
• Public speaking and presentations at stakeholder events and public meetings.
• Work with local and national leaders to design, launch and/or support programs necessary to ensure short- and long-term the success of the semiconductor manufacturing projects, and further the state and federal investments in this industry.
• Facilitate coordination between New York State agencies, local partners and Federal government on policy, projects, initiatives and incentives to grow New York's semiconductor ecosystem.
• Generate contacts and maintain relationships within the semiconductor and advanced manufacturing industry.
• Seek out new opportunities to bring advanced technology, manufacturing and innovation companies to New York State, and support partnerships to capitalize on those opportunities.
• Oversee and undertake special projects or initiatives as needed.
• Contribute to the development of internal and external communications, collateral, and events promoting the Office, its partnerships, and relevant ESD programs.
• Regular travel within New York State should be expected.
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY