Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s Degree (MBA preferred) with CIA, CISA, CPA or CMA.
Relevant experience required: 7 + years general business mgmt. and financial-related experience to include at least 2 years of internal auditing and supervisory experience.
Knowledge required: Knowledge of Internal Auditing standards, methods and procedures. Strong understanding of internal control; general business administration knowledge, with broad exposure to various areas of operations and management. Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills; excellent oral communication and report writing skills. Independence, objectivity and self-assurance are necessary.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Internal Audit Department provides an independent appraisal function within the Empire State Development Corporation and its subsidiaries (collectively “ESDC”), and for the Dept. of Economic Development (“DED”) (with ESDC and DED collectively referred to as “ESD”) to examine and evaluate its activities as a service to the organization. To this end, Internal Audit furnishes ESD management with analyses, appraisals, recommendations, counsel and information concerning the effectiveness, economy and efficiency of activities reviewed. The Internal Audit Department also performs audits of projects and programs focusing on financial-related and performance objectives.
• Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of internal controls.
• Evaluate the reliability, uniformity and consistency of financial reporting to management.
• Determine and evaluate compliance with established company policies and procedures.
• Develop risk analysis procedures for significant activities and for programs on a whole.
• Develop fraud prevention criteria.
• Establish and implement internal audit policies, procedures, standards, methods and controls for corporate, subsidiary and divisional audit activities.
• Issue audit reports to the official to whom the audited function reports, with copies to the Chairman, CEO, Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel, other corporate officers, subsidiary, division, department executives, as appropriate, and the Audit and Budget Committee.
• Prepare and execute annual/periodic audit plans based on evaluating risk and prior audit results.
• Audit functions involving non-state funding sources, and compliance with regulations as determined by the funding entity (in relation to federal funds).
• Conduct Audit Committee meetings.
• Hire, train, maintain and manage an adequate staff of qualified internal auditors.
• Manage of outside consultants, and outside State and Federal agency communications and regulation compliance.
• Coordinate with ESD’s Internal Control Officer (ICO) on completion of the annual internal controls certification process for which the ICO is primarily responsible.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY