"Other" Explanation Work Days: <br />Week 1: <br />Saturday/Sunday: 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM, <br />Monday: 5 PM – 9 PM<br /><br />Week 2: <br />Thursday/Monday: 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM<br />Tuesday: 5 PM – 9 PM<br /><br /><br />A Registered Nurse 2 (Psychiatric), in addition to the base pay, receives:<br />*$20,000 Geographic Pay Differential<br />*7% of Base Salary Shift Differential<br />* $575 Inconvenience Pay
1213 Court Street
Minimum Qualifications Possession of a license and current registration as a registered
professional nurse in New York State; and two years of post-licensure clinical nursing
experience working with individuals, at least 50% of whom have been diagnosed with
mental illness, addiction, or substance use disorder.
NOTE: Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and/or Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
Mandatory overtime (MOT) is a requirement of this position. Chosen candidate(s) will be added to the mandatory overtime roster, which is utilized on a rotating basis. The MOT is applied during times of emergency, when all other staffing options have been exhausted (volunteers, hourly staff, contracted staff). Our Addiction Treatment Centers (ATCs) operate 24/7/365 programing. Therefore, MOT IS an essential function of this position and is critical to maintaining adequate staffing at all times in order to ensure the health and safety of clients within the facility.
Duties Description The Registered Nurse 2 Psychiatric is a senior member of a multidisciplinary treatment team whose duties include, but are not limited to:
• Member of the leadership team, works with the Nurse Administrator as an advance practice nurse to assess, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care aspects for individuals in treatment.
• Develops and assists in facility nursing orientation programs and mentor’s new nurses.
• Serves as a consultant to other nurses and direct care staff in the implementation of treatment interventions.
• Continually evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and program as part of quality assurance and improvement activities of the facility.
• Develops improved methods of practice where current approaches of care need to be improved.
• Member of the integrated treatment team collaborates with other staff to ensure patient needs are addressed in the treatment and discharge of patients.
• May participate in the admission of individuals to a facility.
• May provide scheduled and emergency nursing treatment as needed.
• Assists with the referrals to other service providers.
• Acts as a liaison to outside agencies and providers to ensure continuity of care.
• Serves as a consultant, teacher and resource to ATC nurses and direct care staff in assessment of patients and planning, implementing, and evaluating individual care.
• Serves as a teacher and resource to nursing staff in the use of specialized equipment, arranging for trainings as needed.
• Develops written reports and trainings specific to quality improvement needs.
• Develops nursing policies and procedures with the Nurse Administrator.
• Provides clinical supervision to nursing staff and direct care personnel involved with the care and treatment of individuals.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments SALARY
$39,671 - $44,360*
*Plus $10,000 Geographic Pay
*Plus 7% of Base Salary Evening Shift Differential (will be prorated based on part time salary and schedule)
Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
The purpose of the Hiring for Emergency Limited Placement (HELP) program is to temporarily place certain titles and positions, which would normally be classified as competitive, into the non-competitive class allowing State agencies to fill critical health, direct care, and safety titles more expeditiously.
Candidates accepting non-competitive appointment via the HELP Program will receive the same rate of pay, health benefits, and other ancillary benefits as their competitively appointed counterparts. Additionally, appointments made via the HELP program are permanent, and as such candidates will serve the same probationary period as any candidate who would otherwise be accepting a competitive-class appointment. The probationary period for employees hired under the HELP Program begins at the time of permanent non-competitive appointment, to last for a duration of 26-52 weeks. At the conclusion of the HELP program it is expected that all candidates appointed into non-competitive HELP titles will be transitioned to the equivalent competitive-class title, as the HELP program is temporary and only expected to last for a period of one year.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue, 4th Floor