Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in relevant area preferred. Associate degree with 5 years of direct, relevant experience may be substituted.
Relevant Experience required: 3+ years of experience in human resources and exempt level recruitment.
Knowledge required: Up-to-date knowledge of HR regulations and related legislations essential;
General knowledge of government/public administration preferred; HR Certification a plus;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills; Knowledge of Windows environment, and Microsoft Office programs; Superior multi-tasking, prioritizing, follow-up and organization abilities; Must present and maintain a high level of customer service.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Human Resources Generalist will play a key role in talent acquisition; administration of employee benefits; leave of absences, and employee health and safety.
· Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to create and update job descriptions required for openings.
· Maintain accuracy of recruitment log and coordinate regularly with recruiters for updates
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute various employee benefits programs.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to senior human resources staff. Performs intake for Worker's Compensation claims and processes working with carrier; prepares OSHA/reports of work-related accidents and posts required statistics.
· Assist with FMLA, NYSPFL, NYS PPL, STD, LTD, leave administration and benefits.
· Confirm policy-maker positions with Ethics Officer.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Assist w/conducting new employee orientations plus onboarding activities, or as a back-up.
· Conducts non-retirement related Exit Interviews and circulate exit package, memo, etc. Assist with benefit reconciliation surrounding enrollees, dependents and invoices as needed. Perform other HR generalist duties as appropriate.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY