Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Public Policy, or related field preferred. Associate degree with 5+ years of direct relevant experience may be substituted.
Relevant experience required: 2- 3 years of experience in administrative, customer service and project management within a corporate office environment. Comfort with and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Experience working with State and Local Government preferred.
Knowledge and skills required: Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational and customer service skills. Comfort interfacing with senior-level people and their staff. Ability to work as part of a team, coordinate multiple projects at the same time. Attention to detail and independent follow-through are highly important. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point, familiarity with document management systems such as SharePoint, and Microsoft Dynamics. The dynamic nature of this role requires the ideal candidate to have exemplary time management skills, be an excellent team player who can identify and anticipate needs. This is a role for an ambitious, hardworking individual with a sense of humor who is looking for a position with growth potential.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Assist in the implementation and administration of new and existing programs relating to the Life Sciences Initiative, such as preparation and organization of important strategic/project materials and plans; support of internal and external meetings to ensure they run efficiently and preparation of materials for these meetings; assistance with project management, online research; technical assistance; social media tracking and updates; and scheduling management. The Project Associate serves as the eyes and ears for the team by connecting and liaising with other ESD divisions, NYS agencies, and key stakeholders of the life science industry, while recognizing the need to maintain confidentiality.
For the Senior Vice President (SVP)
• Work directly with the SVP to support all aspects of her daily work routine.
• Maintain the SVP’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, speaking engagements, and travel arrangements. Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
• Serve as a liaison between the SVP and all contacts. This includes prioritizing and managing the SVP’s calls and visitors, responding to a variety of questions from both ESD colleagues and internal parties as well as external parties with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing calls appropriately for resolution.
• Determine priority of matters for the SVP’s attention; redirect matters to staff to handle, or handle matters personally, as appropriate.
• Keep the SVP advised of time-sensitive and priority issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up.
• Compose and prepare routine correspondence for the SVP’s signature.
• Schedule meetings; assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials.
For the Life Sciences team
• Coordinate work with other ESD staff as needed; play a key role in the coordination of staff efforts both within and outside the department.
• Prepare team staff meeting agendas, attend meetings and take notes of discussion; prepare the initial draft of minutes and summaries.
• Conduct research, analysis, and draft reports upon request.
• Assist with creating, managing, and maintaining project documents and reports.
• Coordinate marketing activities including assisting in maintenance of the Life Sciences Division website, LinkedIn profile and support preparation and follow-up of press releases.
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of the Life Sciences Annual Report.
• Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations.
• Other additional and/or alternative duties as assigned from time to time, including supporting other Life Science team members as needed.
Other General Responsibilities
• Sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories.
• Handle printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and email/messages.
• Prepare documents, reports, tables and charts; distribute as appropriate.
• Prepare, reconcile, and submit expense reports.
• Maintain paper and electronic filing systems.
• Routinely perform a wide variety of support duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include a cover letter along with your resume and explain why you believe you are a good fit for this position. External Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY