Minimum Qualifications Education level required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Economics or related field.
Equivalent Experience required: 5+ years’ experience: in urban or regional development and/or in economic development policy formulation.
Knowledge Required: Broad knowledge of business, economic development and public development program and management.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Reporting to the ESD Regional Director, the Deputy Director, Regional Economic Development Council, will be charged with directing and managing New York State’s Regional Council initiative in their region. The Deputy Director will be responsible for the day-to-day logistics of the Regional Council, including preparing agenda and materials for meetings, assisting with the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA), structuring incentive packages for CFA applicants, and guiding deals through the necessary board and public approval processes. The Deputy Director will also be responsible for executing other ESD initiatives and completing additional special projects as assigned by the Regional Director.
· Direct operations and logistics of Regional Council on a day-to-day basis.
· Assume the primary role in external communications with the regional Council and prepare agenda and materials for meetings.
· Market the consolidated Funding Application with Stakeholders throught the region.
· Assist “clients” with navigating the Consolidated Funding Application.
· Structure and negotiate State involvement in awarding benefits through CFA.
· Perform project review, analysis and evaluation. Together with ESD Regional Director, make incentive and funding recommendations to senior management.
· Prepare various administrative documents, including the following: projects origination documents; reports; presentations; budget materials; memoranda; and other documents as needed.
· Coordinate and collaborate with Governor’s office, ESD CEO. Local Regional Council and other State and local agencies to implement CFA projects.
· Work with ESD Regional Director in overseeing the reporting of Regional Council project progress and economic impact.
· Build and maintain relationships with governmental and quasi-governmental entities. Real estate and business groups, civic and community organizations, cultural and professional organizations, and advocacy groups in the region.
· Maintain close contact with IDA’s, Chambers, municipalities, local development. corporations and other key economic development agents to coordinate with and assist them with client servicing and business outreach efforts. Attend necessary events.
· Respond to inquiries from small businesses, start-ups an ongoing concern that come to the regional office for guidance.
· Assist the Regional Director in executing other ESD initiatives and special projects as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY