Minimum Qualifications There are no education or experience qualifications for this class. Applicants must be physically able to perform the tasks of the position and be able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions. When required to operate motor vehicles, incumbents must possess a valid New York State driver's license appropriate for the type of vehicle being operated.
Duties Description Position will be located at the Menands Distribution Center primarily focusing on NYS OGS surplus assets. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Coordinate and schedule all customer appointments at the Menands Distribution Center.
• Move items to and from storerooms and/or warehouses; maintains storage areas; tracks and records asset movement within a facility.
• Capture asset photos, perform simple product research, compose corresponding forms, generate email communication.
• Light cleaning on surplus assets is required.
• Ensure accountability and disposition of assets utilizing the provided tracking system.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 45 pounds.
• Ability to operate a manual pallet jack.
• Ability to obtain and maintain certification in CPR and comply with established safety procedures.
• Familiarity of use with basic hand tools and battery-operated drill.
• Perform minor cleaning and repairs to demobilized assets.
• Strong communication skills.
• Work hours will be between 20 to 37.5 hours per week. Earliest start time is 7:30am and latest departure time is 3:30pm.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza