433 River Street, Suite 1003
Minimum Qualifications Open to current NYS employees with one year of service in an Economic Development Program Specialist 3 position and to those reachable on the Economic Development Program Specialist 3 eligible list. No need to apply if on this list, we are canvassing all list candidates.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Under the general direction of the Economic Development Program Administrator, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for managing the services of the Department of Economic Development/Empire State Development (DED/ESD) to eight distinct counties. This includes originating economic development projects, both as the lead economic development agency in the region and as liaison to the Capital Region Regional Economic Development Council (REDC).
• Assist in managing the regional office, on a project or team basis, to ensure effective program development, service delivery, and administrative operations.
• Lead outreach efforts to expand project portfolio.
• Manage and update the Capital Region REDC Web site; Serve as the Region’s Microsoft Dynamics data manager in accordance with ESD’s policy authorizing enhanced permissions.
• Assist in the administration of the Capital Region Regional Economic Development Council, which will include the development and/or revision of the regional economic development strategy, public outreach efforts, project development, and special initiative administration.
• Develop target clusters and identify potential prospects to assist regional marketing outreach efforts.
• Develop and deliver presentations to economic development business groups, local governments, and other stakeholders, to promote programs and services of the department.
• Serve on committees and task forces as required.
• Supervise staff in the intake and scoring of CFA projects to ensure a consistent review and scoring process.
• Work with senior staff on the expansion and development of income producing programs for the department.
• Prepare customized economic development proposals related to expansion/retention projects.
• Develop a clear understanding of the incentives offered by ESD and NYS, which can be used to advance the Capital Region’s economy.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Travel is required (20%)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by June 22, 2023. Be sure to indicate the position title and location you are applying for and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.