Minimum Qualifications Education Level Required: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
Experience required: Minimum (3) years of experience in policy research and analysis, program implementation and management, public administration, business administration, or a related field. Experience in the life science industry is also desirable.
Knowledge Required: Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required, with the ability to synthesize complex information effectively for different audiences. Must be detail oriented and highly organized with strong follow up skills. Ability to navigate ambiguity is essential. Must be able to handle multiple changing priorities and effectively anticipate needs of management. Must be diplomatic, tenacious, and effective. Proficiency with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required. Excellent presentation preparation skills. Must be able to work independently. An excellent sense of humor.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of grant and contract administration, including RFPs, application, review, approval, funding and compliance, are properly managed in keeping with ESD requirements. Additionally, the role will contribute to the development of reports and presentations for internal and external stakeholders and will serve as a prime resource regarding life science data and statistics.
· General management of a portfolio of grants, including review and consideration of applications, creating incentive proposals, preparing directors approval documents, management of approval and funding process, compiling and reviewing project reports, and ensuring compliance with funding requirements.
· Process invoices and payment requests: review and manage requests for disbursement, perform desk audits, and oversee grant disbursements. Verify documentation of expenditures as needed.
· Track and ensure milestones, deliverables, and key performance indicators are met.
· Act as a primary Life Science point of contact with other ESD departments, including Loans and Grants, Project Finance, Procurement, Contracts Administration, Legal, and the Office of Contractor and Supplier Diversity, and coordinate with them in the preparation of board of directors’ approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents required for the review/management of projects.
· Ensure that project information is accurate in the web-based project tracking database
· Review project reports from grantees and vendors. Perform due diligence and ensure compliance.
· Ensure milestones, deliverables, and Key Performance Indicators are met.
· Produce briefing materials for senior ESD and New York State officials, as needed.
· Conduct literature reviews and research best practices in life science economic development.
· Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities, such as writing briefing memos, preparing complex spreadsheets, reviewing and improving processes, drafting sensitive correspondence, and managing data and budget information.
· Assist in generation of a legislatively mandated annual report on the operations and accomplishments of the Life Science Initiative using supporting data and statistics.
· Manage ad-hoc requests from stakeholders, including businesses seeking information on ESD incentives.
· Work on other projects as assigned by the Senior Vice President and other senior team members.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease include a cover letter along with your resume and explain why you believe you are a good fit for this position. External Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY