Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in contract compliance, affirmative action, or minority and women’s business enterprises. This experience must include the following:
• Planning, developing, implementing, and reviewing programs dealing with minority business enterprise, affirmative action, minority and women’s business program coordination, affirmative action compliance review, OR
• Labor relations directly relating to affirmative action, OR
• Experience in the development and administration of programs designed to facilitate minority and women’s access to employment or business opportunities in the public or private sector.
The following substitutions for the experience described above may be applied as follows:
• An associate degree in business, computer science, marketing, math, finance, accounting, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for two years of experience described above.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, marketing, math, finance, accounting, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for four years of experience described above.
• A J.D. or master’s degree in business, computer science, marketing, math, business administration, economics, public administration, or public policy may substitute for one additional year of experience described above.
• Two years of experience as an Assistant Minority Business Specialist or as a Minority Business Specialist I may substitute for six years of experience.
Duties Description The incumbent will investigate and develop recommendations regarding the legitimacy of certification applications from Minority and Women-owned Businesses (MWB) as to their ownership and managerial and operational control pursuant to Article 15-A, Section 314 of the Statewide Certification program; counsel applicants on business strategies related to the program by informing business owners how to access State agencies, municipalities and other governmental agencies for bidding and contracting purposes; and act as a liaison between the applicant and business opportunities available to MWB’s.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assemble assigned file and case documents
• Prepare desk audit reports based on review and analysis of the application and supporting documentation
• Contact applicants requesting additional documentation in cases of incompleteness or necessity for up-to-date information on business activities
• Conduct state-wide onsite interviews of applicants
• Ascertain application’s eligibility for certification
• Prepare final reports focusing on issues of ownership and operational and managerial control, and develop conclusions relative to applicant eligibility for MWBE status
• Represent the agency by participating on panels for various business seminars
Additional Comments *This position is temporary and will become permanent upon approval of non-competitive jurisdictional class status.
SALARY RANGE: $61,270 - $77,912 (Plus $3,026 location pay)
Note: The starting salary for candidates with no prior State service will be at the minimum hiring rate.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingIf interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by July 1, 2023. Be sure to indicate the position title, vacancy ID#, and location you are applying for and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.