99 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Permanent Transfer: Current NYS Department of Health employee with permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service as an Associate Health Care Fiscal Analyst, SG-23; OR a current NYS employee with one year of permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service in a title allocated to G-21 or higher, and eligible for transfer to under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: Strong critical thinking skills, exceptional analytical skills using Microsoft Excel, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience should include knowledge of Health Care policy, projections and trend analysis. The candidate must also have knowledge of the NYS Medicaid program and have the ability to interact and collaborate with other Medicaid-related State Agencies, as well as the Division of the Budget and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Duties Description This incumbent will function as a financial analyst within the Bureau of Public Hospital Reimbursement & Health Care Revenue within OHIP’s Division of Finance and Rate Setting (DFRS) in the tracking, analyzing, auditing, and forecasting of the Health Care Reform Act (HCRA).
HCRA is a major component of New York State´s Health Care financing laws which governs hospital reimbursement methodologies and targets funding for a multitude of health care initiatives ($6.2 billion). These laws require that certain third-party payors and providers of health care services participate in the funding of these initiatives through the submission of authorized surcharges and assessments.
The incumbent will perform high-level analysis to identify audit trends and financial impacts within HCRA. The incumbent will also interact and collaborate with rate setting, fiscal management, legal affairs, and program staff within the Department as well as other state agencies, consultants, state auditors, the State’s Office of the Pool Administrator, and hospital Chief Financial Officers that interact with the HCRA programs. Further, the incumbent will often be tasked with developing deliverables and occasionally presenting materials with executive staff in DFRS. Oversight duties include leading a G-18 analyst to:
• Process and review HCRA audit reports;
• Develop, organize, and improve policy and procedures for HCRA;
• Organize HCRA audit data, reports, and policies for executive staff review and recordkeeping;
• Prepare State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and State Regulations;
• Research, review, and interpret HCRA law; and
• Review, track, and process provider payments and recoupments.
Additional Comments Microsoft Excel knowledge, skills, and abilities are a requirement.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SD/AHCFA/63348 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/AHCFA/63348, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.