Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS Employees: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse and eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law Open to the Public:
Possession of a license and current registration as a registered
professional nurse in New York State.
Continued employment will be contingent upon maintaining a valid NYS license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience with the Geriatric population
Duties Description Registered Nurse 1's coordinate nursing care activities with other health care disciplines involved in the treatment effort to relate and integrate the nursing regimen with the total treatment plan of the residents. Observe nursing care and visit residents to ensure that the nursing care is carried out as directed and treatment is administered in accordance with physician's orders, and to ascertain the need for additional or modified services. Based on a comprehensive review of the resident's background, review and evaluate nursing care plans to ensure the nursing care, procedures and practices selected will best serve the resident's physical and mental needs. You may also act as a charge nurse on a unit and be responsible for maintaining inventory standards for medicine, controlled drugs and narcotics
Additional Comments *Salary reflects the contractual salary range at step 4 and a geographic pay differential of $35,000 and downstate adjustment of $3,087 for New York City, Westchester, and Suffolk counties.
If applicable, Evening or Night Shift Differential will be additional, plus $575.00 inconvenience pay (if applicable) and $4363.00 impractical to recruit differential (if applicable).
All Shifts Available.
Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
We are a 252 bed long term skilled care nursing facility providing care to the Veterans of our community.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.