Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must currently be a permanent, full-time Licensed Practical Nurse:
Must be active and reachable on Civil Service eligible list for Licensed Practical Nurse and possess a license and registration to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing services to the Developmental Disabilities population residing in our group homes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor the health status of individuals, provide appropriate interventions, and ensure proper documentation.
• Administer medications and treatments.
• Order medications and medical supplies.
• Review and transcribe physician’s orders.
• Complete semi-annual nursing summary and attend reviews.
• File medical reports, ensure follow-up and tracking of medical appointments, and maintain medical record.
• Supervise and provide direct care services, including ADLs.
• Provide and coordinate in service training for Direct Support Assistant Trainees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal care of consumers residing in the home will be required.
CPR, First Aid, and Medication Certification will be required by release date.
Additional Comments PLEASE NOTE SALARY: The posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for ISU Grade 10 ($42,493), along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($13,000), increased Hiring Rate ($5,148) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,543). The posted maximum salary (Job Rate of $52,146) includes the previously mentioned Geographic Differential and Mid-Hudson Adjustment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.