99 Washington Avenue
Minimum Qualifications Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Principal Health Care Fiscal Analyst, SG-27; OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title allocated to G-25 or higher, and eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 or Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Strong critical thinking skills, exceptional analytical skills with Microsoft Excel, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience should include knowledge of Medicaid policy, rate setting, and trend analysis. The candidate must also have knowledge of the NYS Medicaid program and have the ability to interact and collaborate with other Medicaid-related State Agencies, as well as the Division of the Budget and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Duties Description This incumbent will lead financial analysts within the Bureau of Global Cap, Rebates, and Supplemental Programs within OHIP’s Division of Finance and Rate Setting in the tracking, analyzing, and forecasting of the Upper Payment Limit (UPL) Program.
The incumbent will:
• Perform high-level analysis and strategic planning to identify trends and impacts to providers within Medicaid and UPL.
• Serve as a liaison with stakeholders, providing technical assistance, and have ability to administer meetings.
• Interact and collaborate with rate setting, fiscal management, and program staff within the Department as well as the Federal Government, other state agencies, consultants, and state auditors that interact with the Medicaid program.
• Develop deliverables and occasionally present materials with executive staff in OHIP, the Division of the Budget (DOB), and the Governor’s Office.
Oversight duties include leading a team to:
• Establish annual UPL awards for providers;
• Track, analyze, and project program spending on a monthly basis;
• Calculate, review, and package the periodic UPL calculations based on the latest policy decisions;
• Work with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) towards approval of the State’s UPL demonstrations;
• Prepare State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and State Regulations; and
• Develop, track, and process provider rate packages.
Additional Comments Microsoft Excel knowledge, skills, and abilities are a requirement.
This posting will remain up until the position is filled.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference SD/PHCFA/61420 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, SD/PHCFA/61420, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.