360 Forest Ave
Minimum Qualifications Clinical Physician 1: Possession of a license and current registration to practice medicine in New York State, and one year of post-licensure experience. *
Clinical Physician 2: Possession of a license and current registration to practice medicine in New York State, and two years of post-licensure medical experience. *
* Qualifying post-licensure medical experience is general medical experience in a private, clinical, or hospital medical practice which includes diagnosing and treating illness and injuries, interpreting x-rays and laboratory tests, conducting physical examination, and basic primary preventative care. This would include but is not limited to experience in the practice of internal medicine, family medicine, preventative medicine, or emergency medicine.
Duties Description The incumbent will perform the following general duties:
• Oversee medical care provided to patients; obtain medical histories, perform physical examinations, order medications and procedures; authorize admissions and renders admitting diagnoses.
• Provide individual and group health education and risk reduction counseling.
• Available for consultation, direction, and on-site care on evenings, weekends, and during off hours.
• Serve as health advisor to multi-disciplinary team; provide consultation/peer review to other physicians/clinicians; supervise nurse practitioner; actively participates in activities intended to improve patient care/facility operations.
• Assist in patient discharge planning, especially in terms of health care needs, meets with patient prior to discharge.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
NOTE: The ATC uses a computerized patient record system
Stutzman ATC is a Tobacco-Free facility.
Additional Comments Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Ave
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please submit a current resume to Recruitment@oasas.ny.gov
Additionally, you will need to provide a copy of your physician license, current registration, DEA certification and, if applicable, board certification.
Please be sure to include Reference Code BG/HourlyCP/18982/Stutzman. Failure to include this code could result in your application not being processed.