360 Forest Ave
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be licensed and currently registered as a Physician Assistant by the New York State Education Department.
Candidates must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Failure to maintain licensure, certification and/or Medicaid/Medicare eligibility will result in the termination of employment.
OASAS Addiction Treatment Centers are Tobacco-Free facilities.
Duties Description Under the supervision of a licensed physician, the Physician Assistant will perform the following:
• Complete medical histories as needed for potential admissions.
• Conduct physical examinations, provide counseling to patients regarding existing conditions and health issues.
• Perform and/or order laboratory test, x-rays, and other medical diagnostic procedures.
• Assist with patient discharge planning, prepare discharge summaries, and review records for completeness.
• As an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team, participate in and serve as health adviser at Treatment Team meetings, as well as assist in patient care and facility operations.
• Serve as a health advisor to a multi-disciplinary team.
• Participate in activities intended to improve patient care and facility operations.
• Proficient use of a computer is required for record keeping and documentation.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Background Investigation Requirements:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) that includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1450 Western Avenue, 4th Floor
Notes on ApplyingIf interested, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include Reference Code BG/PA/18986/Stutzman. Failure to include this code could result in your application
not being processed.