Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be currently in title, reachable on eligible list, eligible for transfer, or eligible for appointment pending exam.
In order to be eligible for appointment pending exam, candidate must have possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State (see limited permit option below †); AND completion of two years of post-licensure medical experience.**
† Limited permit option: This option is available only in the Office of Mental Health and Office for People with Developmental Disabilities. If you are licensed in another state or by written examination in Canada AND meet the other requirements for Clinical Physician 1 or 2, you are also eligible if you have a current limited permit to practice medicine in New York State. If appointed, you must obtain your license within one year of the date your limited permit was issued. Failure to do so will result in removal from your position.
**For the purpose of these examinations: Qualifying post-licensure medical experience is general medical experience in a private, clinical, or hospital medical practice which includes diagnosing and treating illness and injuries, interpreting x-rays and laboratory tests, conducting physical examination, and basic primary preventative care. This would include but is not limited to experience in the practice of internal medicine, family medicine, preventative medicine, or emergency medicine.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The person in this position independently diagnoses, treats, prescribes, and provides general medical care and treatment services for assigned individuals; provides clinical supervision and guidance to other medical providers; and may manage and supervise medical services for an assigned facility, unit, or program. This position involves providing medical services to individuals within Region 2: Broome DDSO, Valley Ridge CIT, Norwich, NY.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs the duties of a Clinical Physician 2, including but not limited to the following:
• Provides a variety of general medical care and treatment services for assigned individuals. This includes obtaining, reviewing, updating, and recording individual information and responses to treatments.
• Conducts physical examinations; orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic tests and procedures; determines and/or confirms diagnoses and treats a variety of general medical conditions.
• Prescribes and/or administers treatments, medications, therapies, vaccinations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
• Collaborates with other health care professionals and disciplines.
• Explains and discusses procedures, test results, diagnoses, and prescribed treatments with individuals, families, care providers.
• Refers individuals to other health care providers based on diagnostic and treatment needs.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Maintains medical documentation to agency, State, and federal requirements.
• Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team, attending meetings, and serving on committees and in work groups as assigned.
• Medical on Call (MOC) for all of Region 2: Broome DDSO, Valley Ridge CIT (Norwich) and Central New York DDSO.
• Other duties as assigned.
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/nys-office-for-people-with-developmental-disabilities/posts/?feedView #LI-KT1
Additional Comments Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 36 ($159,856), Increased Hiring Salary ($31,496),and Geographic Differential ($30,000).
Occasional coverage for Region 2 District catchment areas
• If you are currently a New York State employee serving in a permanent competitive qualifying title and eligible for a transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, you may be appointed to this title as a permanent competitive employee.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas, and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference the above EOA #231231 – 5 - CR in all correspondence.