328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-9 or above, deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. *Proof of passing a keyboarding test will be required for those who have not previously served in a keyboarding title or have not yet taken a keyboarding test.
Note: Appointment may be made at a traineeship level:
Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-06 or above, deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law into the trainee level (Administrative Assistant Trainee 1 or 2)*
*Trainees will be required to complete four mandatory courses the first year of traineeship and four elective courses in the second year of the traineeship in four competency areas through the CSEA Partnership, or equivalent offerings through another entity as determined by the agency. All trainees are required to successfully complete all courses before advancing to the Administrative Assistant 1, SG-11
Candidates are required to pass a typing test that demonstrates the ability to enter text at a rate of at least 30 words per minute with at least 96% accuracy. Proof of passing a keyboarding test will be required for those who have not previously serviced in a keyboarding title or have not yet taken a keyboarding test.
Duties Description • Monitor HR recruitment mailbox.
• Prepare vacancy postings.
• Provide clarification when necessary to ensure postings contain all required information.
• Order CS eligible lists and canvass eligible lists in accordance with CS guidelines.
• Track posting closure dates.
• Upon canvass and/or posting closing date, prepare reports of active recruitment, including candidates who respond to postings and eligible list candidates.
• Provide reachability and/or eligibility status and forward to the appropriate Human Resource Specialist.
• Code and return CS eligible lists timely, updates report of active recruitment to include interview results and identify candidate appointed.
• Maintain files related to each posting and canvass.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
328 State Street
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #2533 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)