Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Communications, Public Administration; Urban/ Regional Planning, or other related field preferred.
Relevant experience required: 5+ years. Economic Development, Commercial Lending, Community Development, Advanced Manufacturing, Real Estate Development, or related field preferred.
Knowledge required: Knowledge of New York State and/or general issues relevant to economic development, public policy, and community development program and management. Strong demonstrated written and oral communications and presentation skills. Ability to 'set up the problem', manage projects against tight timelines, and work well in teams. Enterprising and resourceful, organized and results oriented. Energetic, pro-active, collaborative, and strategic.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Support the Regional Director in all aspects of economic development activities.
• Provide and oversee all aspects of the Regional Office’s support for the Regional Economic Development Council (REDC) for the Region, including the coordination of Regional Council events, Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) and any other related project funding and scoring processes, management of REDC members, committees, workgroups and other stakeholder engagement, events and preparation of REDC website, reports, meeting materials and notices
• Maintain familiarity with regional/industrial economic problems and other economic factors necessary in recommending solutions in accordance with ESD guidelines and the State’s business climate
• Work with other ESD staff, NYS, regional and local agencies and community economic development specialists and organizations in coordinating the preparation and dissemination of information for economic development
• Build and maintain working relationships with such entities as business councils and associations, chambers of commerce and local development corporations
• Structure incentive packages for the retention or attraction of business operations. Manage relationships with current and former recipients of ESD assistance to facilitate problem-solving and ensure understanding of and compliance with program objectives and the obligations of ESD assistance.
• Provide significant role in evaluating applications for ESD assistance, prepare incentive packages and project funding recommendations to the ESD Directors and guide projects through the public approval process
• Work with business prospects considering new locations or expansion in NYS, including accompanying local developers and prospects on inspection of properties
• Represent ESD at announcement events, workshops, ceremonies, seminars, conferences and training programs, as appropriate
• Maintain ESD’s Project Tracking System entries for all projects and assist the Regional Director in tracking and reporting of project progress and economic impact
• Special projects as assigned by the Regional Director
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY