14 Corporate Woods
Minimum Qualifications Current Department of Health (DOH) employees with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Medical Assistance Specialist 1; OR current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service in a title eligible to transfer under Section 52.6, Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law to a Medical Assistance Specialist 1. For more information on the types of transfers, transfer eligibility criteria, and the current transfer determinations for your title, visit the following website https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/gotit/index.cfm
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred candidates will have professional experience in public health insurance programs, including New York’s Medicaid, Medicare and/or Child Health Plus. Preferred candidates will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical skills and attention to detail; strong organizational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access); the ability to work well independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines; and experience using electronic data systems, such as eMedNY and NYSOH Back Office. Supervisory experience is a plus.
Duties Description "These Medical Assistance Specialist 1 (MAS 1) incumbents will work within the DEMI Bureau of System Quality Assurance. The Bureau conducts quality assurance reviews of the NYSOH Marketplace performance relating to program eligibility determinations, enrollment functionality and notice generation.
The incumbents will be reviewing accounts to ensure that eligibility was determined correctly for Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Essential Plans, and Qualified Health Plans, including APTC, if related enrollment functionality is correct; and ensuring systems are operating in a manner consistent with federal and state statute and regulations.
Specific duties may include, but not be limited to:
• Conduct quality assurance (QA) reviews of the NYSOH Marketplace performance relating
to program eligibility determinations, enrollment functionality and notice generation/consumer messaging.
• Initiate and complete tasks necessary to produce and implement needed system change requests (CRs).
• Work with teams of vendors, DOH staff and other stakeholders as needed (e.g. issuers, application assistors) to elicit, document, analyze, and resolve issues, and provide technical guidance.
• Function as a QA Testing Coordinator. Conduct testing of NYSOH current and scheduled functionality/validation.
• Prepare or review training documents and deliver training to small or large groups.
• Submit and track defects and enhancements related to all functional areas of the NYSOH Marketplace related to eligibility, enrollment, notices and customer assistance for Medicaid and other financial assistance programs.
• Participate in special projects and Bureau Initiatives, as needed.
• May supervise subordinate staff."
Additional Comments "For new State employees appointed to graded positions, the annual salary is the hiring rate (beginning of the Salary Range) of the position. Promotion salaries are calculated by the NYS Office of the State Comptroller in accordance with NYS Civil Service Law, OSC Payroll rules and regulations and negotiated union contracts.
The NYS Department of Health is committed to making New York a safer, healthier, and more equitable place to live. Understanding health equity, social determinants of health and health disparities is critical to accomplish our goal of eliminating health disparities. For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm"
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference EM/MAS1/79418,79654 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, EM/MAS1/79418,79654, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.