328 State Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer to accountant trainee, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title, a bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting, auditing, or taxation; OR 24 credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation.
To be eligible for a 70.4 transfer a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a grade 12 or higher, a bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting, auditing, or taxation; OR 24 credit hours in accounting, auditing, or taxation.
Depending on qualifications, candidates may be required to serve a 2-year traineeship that leads to the journey level, grade 18 position.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Financial Analyst 2 (WC), the Senior Accountant, in the Office of Financial Services/Accounting will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Managing shared email box, ensure all inquiries are answered timely and accurately.
• Handle the following inquiries:
-employer/customer requests for electronic payments
-Statewide Financial System (SFS) ACH Direct Debit password resets
• Processing and tracking refunds, including verifying credits in the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and Insurer Compliance 2 (IC2).
• Prepare report of credit card payments to be reconciled in SFS.
• Assist customers with accessing and making ACH Direct Debit payments through the WCB Customer Portal.
• Track settlement payment plans for employers, monitor the lock box and record payments in SFS and send default notices as needed.
• Thrive in a group setting, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Participate in special projects as requested by supervisor/management.
• Supervise, monitor, guide and train staff.
• Manage multiple tasks, efficiently and effectively.
• Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills.
• Correspond in a professional manner with co-workers, management and external customers.
• Working knowledge of SFS or PeopleSoft, and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, and Word).
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
328 State Street
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item#2527 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)