Minimum Qualifications Current NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent-permanent, competitive service as an Office Assistant 2 G-9, OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent- permanent, competitive service in a position allocated to a salary Grade 7 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated ability to work independently. Strong problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills."
Duties Description "The New York Department of Health (NYSDOH) Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement (BNE) is seeking candidates for an Office Assistant 2 position to assist in the review of licensure for applicants. New York State Public Health Law Article 33 requires a license, unless otherwise expressly provided, to be issued by the department of health to engage in controlled substance activity. Under supervision, the duties include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Reply to internal and external correspondence that include both written and telephone inquiries;
• Assist with the implementation of the E-licensing project;
• Provide guidance to internal and external customers;
• Assist other areas of BNE and DOH, as needed to improve processes and promote improvement of current procedures;
• Provide guidance and support to clerical staff by using Law, regulation and policy to make decisions on non-routine questions;
• Participate on various committees and at various meetings;
• Prepare reports using a variety of computer applications;
• Research and create statistical reports;
• Use various computer applications to update data on internal and external websites and databases."
Additional Comments DOH’s Telecommuting Program for NYS DOH staff has been extended through June 30, 2024. The number of permissible telecommuting days for each employee, not to exceed 5 days per pay period, will be determined by the current work demands/assignments as well as program operational needs.
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on Applying Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, with Reference PC/OA2/46062 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, PC/OA2/46062, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.