Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title.
Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo.
Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required for this position. If you receive a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY for this position. You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The School of Law (SOL) and the University at Buffalo are seeking an Office Assistant 1 to provided administrative support to our SOL faculty. This is a service-oriented position and requires the incumbent to provide excellent service to the various faculty members. As the administrative support for our faculty, you will be assigned to support full-time faculty, part-time faculty and adjunct faculty assisting with teaching, research, scholarship, grant funding activities, and service. The support assignments may change over time.
Responsibilities will include the following, but not be limited to:
• General responsibilities include secretarial and receptionist duties, preparing and proofreading reports. Liaison between faculty members and their students regarding scheduling appointments, recommendation letters, and relating student complaints to the appropriate faculty member.
• Facilitating communication between external parties and the faculty they support. Managing a complex calendar of professional meetings, conferences, and travel. Managing incoming correspondence, including emails, memos, faxes, and mail, sometimes requiring a high level of discretion.
• Submission of electronic recommendation letters to judges and staff attorneys using OSCAR. Use of Concur, an expense and travel management software system to manage travel for faculty and process reimbursements. Assists with audio/visual needs, and catering for meetings, conferences, events.
• Assist in the coordination, implementation, and completion of projects established by faculty. Assist in the planning of events. Coordinate committee meetings and provide administrative support. Function as backup to other assistants when needed.
• The person will be expected to be a problem solver. The person must have the ability to provide administrative and management support. The person is responsible for the set-up and maintenance of a variety of processes which require advanced computer skills and critical thinking as well as the ability to function independently with little day-to-day direct supervision.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Additional Comments Additional Information:
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.