Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: College Degree. Paralegal certificate can substitute for degree requirement.
Relevant experience required: Two years’ relevant experience, preferably in a corporate setting, law firm or equivalent.
Knowledge required: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superior organization skills a must; ability to meet tight deadlines; high competency in Microsoft Office.
ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES: A minimum of five years of satisfactory service in another position with Empire State Development. Up to two years of accredited post-secondary education, or service in the U.S. Military may be substituted for service at ESD.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The ESD/DED Legal Department Project Associate/Research Analyst is responsible for coordinating and conducting research on companies and individuals, including primarily those who are potential recipients of ESD financial assistance, incentives, contracts. The Project Associate/Research Analyst utilizes information in the public domain – news reports, social media, the Internet, and other information that can be searched electronically, to assist the agency in making decisions about funding eligibility, press announcements, and other economic development activities. Research must be performed on tight deadlines and is often for priority projects that may require night and evening work. Project Associate/Research Analyst must have excellent research and writing skills, judgment, a keen attention to detail a strong work ethic and a team player.
• Coordinate research requests including deadlines and priority projects.
• Prepare research reports and provide background information.
• Maintain database of research reports.
• Oversee preparation of research reports by others in the Department to ensure consistency and accuracy.
• Liaise with public affairs and other departments throughout the agency.
• Perform such other research and assignments as may be required to protect the integrity of ESD’s economic development programs.
• Process pre-employment vet requests.
• Collaborate with ethics counsel to determine if job description (role) should be designated as a policy making position in ESD.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY