Minimum Qualifications Education Level Required: Bachelor’s degree; MPP or MPA preferred
Relevant Experience Required:
• 8 plus years of work experience, with a minimum of three years’ experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, public policy, government affairs, organizational or campaign strategy, or related business or not-for-profit area. Masters may substitute for 1 year experience.
• Deep understanding of and experience with government and policy operations in New York at the State, regional, and local levels
• Experience leading complex projects and collaborating across multiple teams or organizations
• Experience strategically engaging with diverse stakeholders and negotiating relationships with grace and diplomacy
• Keen sense of organizational strategy and ability to develop and assess new ideas
• Demonstrated interest in and passion for broadband infrastructure and digital equity, adoption, and literacy programs
• A passion for closing the digital divide in New York and ensuring that solutions pursued by CAO are equitable and just
• Organized and detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple types of work simultaneously and quickly context-switch
• Excellent communication and public presentation skills
• Ability to travel in support of CAO projects and stakeholder engagement events
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The ConnectALL Office (CAO) within Empire Development Corporation seeks candidates for a full-time Senior Advisor. CAO was established by the 2022 NYS Wired Act to transform New York State's digital infrastructure and connect all New Yorkers through the internet. CAO oversees the statewide digital equity plan and 5 signature grant programs to invest over $1 billion across the state.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of ConnectALL, the Senior Advisor will advise on strategic planning and key high-level relationships across all ConnectALL programs. The Senior Advisor will work with the SVP to develop new opportunities to advance the ConnectALL mission and will ensure CAO is responsive to the dynamic requests from state government executives. The Senior Advisor will drive ConnectALL’s participation on interagency committees and task forces, or in collaborations with other levels of government, ensuring that the State’s resources, policies, and programs are effectively coordinated. The Senior Advisor will also work closely with Internet Service Providers and other private sector partners that oversee digital infrastructure assets. This role will be critical to sustaining strong relationships with key partners across the public sector and broadband industry as ConnectALL implements its grants program.
• Develop and review long-term ConnectALL strategy in collaboration with ConnectALL leadership and staff
• Lead coordination between ConnectALL and partner State agencies, including the Executive Chamber, State development authorities, Department of Public Service, Department of Transportation, and others
• Lead coordination between ConnectALL and ESD’s intergovernmental and Federal Affairs teams
• Support coordination and relationship management with federal agency grantor partners, including the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) and the U.S. Department of Treasury
• Stand in for the Senior Vice President at task force and committee meetings
• Brief elected officials and other key stakeholders on ConnectALL programs
• Lead strategic initiatives and new opportunities that do not fit squarely within ConnectALL signature grant programs
• Manage relationships and ensure effective communication with industry stakeholders
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY