Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree; Master in Business Administration and/or CFA strong preferred.
• 7 years + of relevant asset management industry experience.
• Expert user of PowerPoint and Excel and adeptness to learning new software.
• Working knowledge of Bloomberg and Aladdin.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop materials and effectively present to executive audiences.
• Strong ability for effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Working knowledge of investment principles, products, and markets and demonstrates an enthusiasm to learn.
• Ability to carry out activities that are large in scope and technically difficult.
• Strong consultative skills ranging from analytics, strategy development, influencing, facilitation and consensus building.
• Dynamic relationship building and partnership skills; leading initiatives across multiple stakeholder groups.
Please be advised that the New York State Insurance Fund does not offer sponsorship for employment visas to employees or potential employees. Candidates sponsored for employment by an organization should be aware of their sponsorship status and the relevant expiration date(s) of that sponsorship before applying to this position.
Duties Description NYSIF’s Portfolio Implementation Manager reports to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and/or designated management staff and will assist with all aspects of agency’s Investment management. The role requires a strong understanding and desire to focus on the investment life cycle including onboarding, cash flow management, trading, investment system integrations and the ability to monitor and stay abreast of industry best practices and regulatory changes/events impacting portfolio management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversight of various investment department processes, policies, projects, and procedures to ensure consistency.
• Collaboratively partner with Technology, Legal, Finance, Procurement, and external consultant teams to manage multiple visible projects.
• Develop content and presentation decks (investment committee and board materials) articulating portfolio strategic priorities and business overviews.
• Coordinate with internal, external managers and other key stakeholders to manage and improve portfolio management processes.
• Assistant the portfolio management team to implement new investment strategies, such as alternative assets and other types of derivatives.
• Support portfolio cash and liquidity management.
• Assist with the onboarding of new managers, external consultants, and setting-up accounts in custodian and vendor systems.
• Other related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
Additional Comments Fringe Benefits:
• Competitive Compensation.
• Future Career Growth Potential.
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment.
• Plentiful Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals.
• Paid State and Federal Holidays.
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental.
• Retirement Options.
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules.
Please note, the targeted income range for this position is $165,000 to $200,000, based upon the candidate’s individual experience. NYSIF does not offer bonus programs as part of our compensation program. The Civil Service title for this position is Special Investment Officer.
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. NYSIF's mission is to guarantee the availability of workers’ compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to New York employers and to provide timely, appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers, while maintaining a solvent fund. Since inception, NYSIF has fulfilled the dual roles for which it was created: to compete with other carriers to ensure a fair marketplace and to be a guaranteed source of coverage for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere.
NYSIF is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in New York State and among the top 10 largest workers’ compensation carriers in the nation, insuring approximately 139,000 policyholders, with more than $1.8 billion in annual earned premium and over $22 billion in assets. A self-supporting insurance carrier, NYSIF operates without taxpayer funding.
In addition to workers’ compensation insurance, NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 56,000 New York employers. In 2018, NYSIF added paid family leave as a component of its disability benefits product, providing New Yorkers with job-protected, paid time away from work to care for their families.
NYSIF Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) prioritizes and champions diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) throughout our agency. NYSIF provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state, and local law. We believe that embracing our differences brings richness, new ideas and experiences to NYSIF, which energizes a creative and innovative work environment. We strive to foster a workplace where diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision-making process and have ample opportunity for advancement. We are committed to investing the necessary resources and attention to improving the engagement, retention, and promotion of the extraordinary talent we have.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.