Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must currently be a permanent, full-time Developmental Assistant 2;
Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Developmental Assistant 2;
Developmental Assistant 1 eligible for 70.1 transfer to the Developmental Assistant 2 title (successful
candidates must have completed one year in the Developmental Assistant 1 title to apply);
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise direct care staff in ADL training and daily program intervention.
• Complete yearly performance evaluations on direct care staff.
• Assist administration in daily assignment of direct care staff.
• Participate in direct hands-on daily programming for individuals.
• Drive and schedule/monitor use of van.
• Assist in ordering supplies and equipment.
• Supervise housekeeping, food service and motor vehicle operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Personal care of individuals residing in the home will be required.
CPR, First Aid and Medication Certification will be required by release date.
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/company/nys-office-for-people-with-developmental-disabilities/posts/?feedView=all
Additional Comments ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave initially.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
OPWDD is committed to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the EOA #23-086R in all correspondence.