Please note: State agencies that contact job applicants do not usually request personal or financial information via text message or over the phone in connection with your response to a job posting. If you are contacted for such information by these methods, or any other method, please verify the identity of the individual before transmitting such information to that person.
Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Date Posted 10/06/23
AgencyCollege of Optometry
TitleOffice Assistant 2 (Calculations)
Occupational CategoryClerical, Secretarial, Office Aide
Bargaining UnitASU - Administrative Services Unit (CSEA)
Salary RangeFrom $40193 to $43280 Annually
Employment Type Full-Time
Travel Percentage 0%
Workweek Other (see below)
Hours Per Week 37.5
From 12:30 PM
To 8:30 PM
Flextime allowed? No
Mandatory overtime? No
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Telecommuting allowed? No
County New York
Street Address 33 West 42nd Street
City New York
Minimum Qualifications 1 year in an Office Assistant 1 position. Not required to be on Office Assist 2 (Calculations ) list but MUST take exam when offered and be immediately reachable.
Duties Description The University Eye Center (UEC) of the State University of New York College, an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center, is seeking an Office Assistant 2 staff. The successful candidate must be detail oriented and be able to multitask in a fast pace environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Patient Financial Service, the Office assistant 2 Staff will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service as University Eye standards, processing patient payments accurately in a timely manner.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Complete patient check in and check out process
• Verify and update patients insurance and demographical information and scanning of insurance cards
• Obtain referral and scan to patient’s chart
• Receives and post time of service payment and issue receipt for payment made
• Issue MetroCard’s to patients eligible for reimbursement as requested
• Ensure that all payments received (checks, cash and credit card) balance with the daily transaction sheet and receipts on a daily basis
• Respond to telephone and email inquiries in a timely fashion including patient inquiries
• Set up and review payment arrangements and or budget plan with patients
• Review and update patient list in a timely fashion
• Ensure MetroCard log is reconciled daily
• Ensure there is adequate change on the floor
• Data entry of charges in a timely and accurate manner
Additional Comments This is a provisional appointment. Candidates MUST take the Office Assistant 2 exam when offered and be immediately reachable.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.