Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing &/or Economics. Associate degree with 10 years relevant experience can be substituted.
Relevant experience required: 5+ years’ experience in urban or regional development and/or in economic development policy formulation. Other applicable experience will be considered.
Knowledge required: Broad knowledge of business, economic development and public development programs and management. Familiarity with the Central New York region.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Support the Regional Director in all aspects of economic development activities.
• After the Regional Director, acts as primary liaison with other State and local economic development entities, and private sector entities for retention, expansion, and attraction projects
• Work with business prospects considering new locations or expansion in NYS, including accompanying local developers and prospects on inspection of properties
• Maintain familiarity with regional/industrial economic problems and other economic factors necessary in recommending solutions in accordance with ESD guidelines and the State’s business climate
• Work with other ESD staff, NYS, regional and local agencies and community economic development specialists and organizations in coordinating the preparation and dissemination of information for economic development
• Build and maintain working relationships with such entities as business councils and associations, chambers of commerce and local development corporations
• Structure incentive packages for the retention or attraction of business operations. Manage relationships with current and former recipients of ESD assistance to facilitate problem-solving and ensure understanding of and compliance with program objectives and the obligations of ESD assistance
• Provide significant role in evaluating applications for ESD assistance, prepare incentive packages and project funding recommendations to the ESD Directors and guide projects through the public approval process
• Provide and oversee all aspects of the Regional Office’s administrative support for the Regional Economic Development Council for the Region, including the coordination of Regional Council events and CFA workshops and other CFA marketing events and preparation of Regional Council meeting materials and notices
• Represent ESD at announcement events, workshops, ceremonies, seminars, conferences, and training programs, as appropriate
• Maintain physical and electronic entries for all projects and assist the Regional Director in tracking and reporting of project progress and economic impact
• Special projects as assigned by the Regional Director
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY