2090 Albany Post Road
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS Employees: Current NYS employee who are eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Open to the Public: eligible for or possession of a license and current registration as a
Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
Continued employment will be contingent upon maintaining a valid NYS license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Preference will be given to candidates with some long-term care experience.
Duties Description As an LPN, under the supervision of an RN, you would be involved in the treatment of residents. You would administer certain medications; observe residents and report changes in their condition; take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure; and obtain specimens for analysis. You would prepare and apply simple dressings; bathe and feed residents; and care for residents and their quarters by performing such tasks as making beds, changing linen, lifting and moving residents and caring for their personal effects.
Additional Comments *Salary reflects the contractual salary range at step 4 and a geographic pay differential of $13,000 and downstate adjustment of $3,087 for New York City, Westchester, and Suffolk counties.
If applicable, Evening or Night Shift Differential will be additional, plus $575.00 inconvenience pay (if applicable) All Shifts Available. Benefits of Working for NYS Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.
We are a 252 bed long term skilled care nursing facility providing care to the Veterans of our community.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.