Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Transfer Eligibility Requirement: You must have a current permanent appointment with a minimum of 1 year of service in a position of the same title or transferable title.
Reassignment Requirement: You must hold the same title at the University at Buffalo.
Reinstatement Requirement: You must be a former state employee to request reinstatement to the title that was held (or transferable title).
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. ANY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THAT DO NOT MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED AND WILL BE DISCARDED.
A completed application is required for this position. If you receive a canvass letter, DO NOT APPLY for this position. You must apply to the web address provided on your canvass letter.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office (creation/maintenance of spreadsheets and documents); i.e., Word, Excel, and databases.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and excellent customer service.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to organize and maintain office files.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The College of Arts and Sciences and the University at Buffalo are seeking an Office Assistant 1 to provided administrative support to our departments. This is a customer service oriented position and requires the incumbent to provide excellent customer service to the various populations. As the front-facing administrative support you will be assigned to support one or more departments depending on need and support assignments may change over time.
Your responsibilities will include the following, but not be limited to:
• Provide administrative and reception support to the department. This includes answering the main office phone line, distributing mail, submitting work orders, and maintaining the departmental keys. undergraduate students from the time of acceptance, arrival and throughout the duration of their program of study to conferral.
• Provide administrative support to the Department Administrator, Department Chair, Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) and Director of Graduate Studies (DGS), in all aspects of student management. This includes exam preparation, course force registration, changing major paperwork, assistance with AAR reports, submit curriculum exceptions, petition and transfer articulation requests, recruitment efforts (preparation of booklets/brochures for prospective students).
• Serve as the point of contact for students. You will also update student information in the appropriate university systems, perform degree audit, assist directors with coordination of open house and other university or departmental functions.
• Compile and maintain current and prospective student files in consultation with Academic Advisors. This includes maintaining spreadsheets and databases for student grades, honors records and reports.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Additional Comments Additional Information:
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.