187 Northern Concourse
Duties Description • Monitors individual’s medical/health needs and services.
• Visits each assigned home weekly (minimally) to provide nursing oversight and complete review of items
• Interacts with primary, medical specialists, various clinical staff as necessary.
• Advocate for individuals’ health care needs
• Maintains ongoing communication with med liaison/designee
• Provides support to residential staff in maintaining health services for the individuals.
• Utilizes appropriate reporting mechanisms/chain of command in responding to individual and/or staff issues
• Completes follow-up including documentation for individuals post ER/hospital visit follow-up
• Reviews, comments, initials and dates lab, x-ray, consults, etc. If indicated completes follow-up with practitioner.
• Provides necessary documentation regarding home visits within established time frames.
• Follows pressure wound policy and documentation requirements.
Provides appropriate nursing services and support/oversight to Residential/Day Hab. staff
• Responds to emergency requests as soon as possible (within and outside caseload).
• Completes nursing assessments and related documentation e.g. RN Notes, nursing log book, etc. thoroughly and within established time frames.
• Provides individual-specific nursing interventions.
• Responds to staff questions regarding individual specific medical/nursing issues.
• PONS are current (for caseload) and signed by staff. All PONS are maintained in computer files.
• Provides health related training/consultation to day program, IES, residential staff.
• Annually for everyone in your caseload, completes: review of medical section ISP, medication audit (each home)
• Keeps up to date regarding changes to medical section on ISP
• Responsible for obtaining individual’s informed consent for medications, as per BDDSOO Policy.
Provides adequate nursing assessment/supervision of DSAs competency regarding individual –specific nursing delegated procedures including medication administration
• Completes initial medication certification and conducts annual clinical performance evaluations for DSAS for procedures that include but not limited to medication administration (Annual Clinical Nursing Evaluation of Nursing Delegated Tasks)
• Provides training for all staff as needed on new/revised medication/policies.
• Provides CMHN, NA and NPC’ with certification/recertification information for data base in a timely manner.
• Completes required medication error documentation and staff medication error remediation
Provides clinical supervision to LPNs
• Provides adequate nursing supervision and completes performance evaluations (as assigned) regarding individual-specific nursing procedures.
Maintains professional skills
• Attends Nursing Discipline meetings.
• Attends/completes on-line mandated DDSO training, as well as available discipline specific training.
• Identifies problems and/or opportunities for personal and/or nursing department improvement (s) and contributes to the development of an action plan.
• Completes special projects/assignments
Additional Comments • Please note that starting salary for this title reflects the increased hiring salary and geographic pay differential. Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 18 ($63,108), Increased Hiring Salary ($8,668), and Geographic Differential ($20,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($80,248) for PS&T Grade 18.
• If you are currently a New York State employee serving in a permanent competitive qualifying title and eligible for a transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law, you may be appointed to this title as a permanent competitive employee.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave initially.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to creating and sustaining a culture of inclusion. We believe that we are most effective in managing and improving our service system with a diverse team of employees. With such a large workforce, we rely on the collective individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression, ideas and talent that our employees bring to their work. This speaks to our culture and is a key part of our successes. As we continuously recruit people for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that applicants bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
187 Northern Concourse