1051 Riverside Drive
Duties Description The candidate is expected to do the following:
For Behavioral Health Service and Policy Research:
• Direct the Suicide Prevention-Training, Implementation and Evaluation (SP-TIE) initiative in the Center for Practice Innovations (CPI) at NYSPI
• Oversee the development of new clinical trainings in suicide prevention best practices
• Supervisee a team of suicide prevention specialists on implementation, evaluation, and dissemination work
• Mentor of junior faculty and staff to become independent researchers and clinical trainers
• Liaise with NYS OMH to select and oversee suicide prevention training, implementation, and evaluation in the State
• Provide data-based evaluation of all training and implementation efforts, including coordination/development of evaluation tools and data collection/management/analysis to evaluate impact
• Develop suicide safer care protocols based on the Assess, Intervene, and Monitor model of suicide prevention for implementation in various settings (outpatient, inpatient, CPEP/ED, school-based health and mental health clinics, SUD treatment facilities, etc.) across NYS
• Provide training and learning collaboratives in relevant aspects of suicide-safer care
• Liaise with national and international research and clinical collaborators
• Seek grant funding to develop, implement, evaluate, and disseminate suicide prevention best practices
• Develop and pilot novel interventions
• Attended all CPI leadership meetings
• Scientific dissemination of interventions (regional, national, and international)
For Molecular Imaging and Neuropathology:
• Conduct a program of research into the causes of suicidal behavior and methods for prevention of suicidal behavior.
• Conduct studies of clinical, cognitive and biological correlates and potential predictors of suicide risk that are both related to imminent risk and are long-term risk predictors.
• Conduct studies of new methods for prevention of suicidal behavior.
• Obtain external grant funding to support this research program.
• Publish peer reviewed papers with results from this research.
• Train graduate students, research fellows and junior faculty in methods of research into suicidal behavior.
• Serve on committees and teaching as needed in area of personal expertise.
• Collaborate with colleagues from related disciplines on these studies.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review:
Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC) which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees may be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1051 Riverside Drive
Notes on ApplyingIndicate the Title and Location of the position you are applying for.
Please include your e-mail address on your resume.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with this facility, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a $75 fingerprint fee.