Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree plus five years relevant experience, including two years supervisory experience or the successful completion of a designated supervisor training during probationary period.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, plus eight years relevant experience in a large public organization, including two years supervisory experience managing in a team-based environment, responsible for multiple projects. Working knowledge of NYS procurement regulations. Extensive experience in the negotiation, bidding, award and administration of professional service agreements and/or construction contracts together with an extensive working knowledge of the building design and construction process. Advanced degree a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Extensive knowledge of the building fit-out process.
• Thorough knowledge of operations and construction purchasing.
• Demonstrated ability to provide team leadership skills and participation in team endeavors.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated results.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Access, Excel and Word.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Senior Procurement Administrator manages complex procurements administered by DASNY in accordance with the appropriate governing laws, policies and procedures. The Senior Procurement Administrator manages Procurement staff and undertake assignments that require procurement expertise, independent judgment, and discretion with regard to complex procurement matters and that require significant collaboration with DASNY staff and clients.
• Work independently with a high degree of judgment and discretion to manage complex procurements to ensure timely and efficient completion consistent with internal procedures and guidelines to promote internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Supervise Procurement Unit staff; distribute and assign responsibilities among team members; review work performed by Procurement staff while responding to questions in a clear and informative manner; Resolve procurement-related issues in a timely and effective manner or bring them to the attention of the Chief and/or Director, as appropriate.
• Chair and participate in consultant selection committees, evaluate cost and fee proposals and negotiate terms and conditions of work authorizations, contracts, job orders and/or purchase orders.
• Interact with DASNY staff and Clients, consultants, contractors, vendors and/or other third parties regarding all aspects of the procurement process, including the interpretation and implementation of DASNY’s procurement procedures and guidelines, contract provisions and the processing of work authorizations, contracts, job orders and/or purchaser orders.
• Confer with Chief and/or the Director, as appropriate, to assure proper and timely completion of procurements; identify and describe potential problems or delays encountered, propose solutions, and relay any relevant information to Chief and/or Director, as appropriate.
• Supervise vendor responsibility staff and oversee DASNY’s vendor responsibility review process. Conduct complex vendor responsibility reviews.
• Supervise, oversee and/or review the gathering, review and monitoring of consultants, contractors and/or vendors insurance documents for compliance with contractual requirements, and interact with consultants, contractors and/or vendors, brokers/agents, and DASNY personnel and third-party vendors, as necessary or required.
• Perform substantive review of procurements for accuracy and completeness to ensure staff compliance with client and DASNY staff objectives and established procedures, statutory parameters, and other relevant laws. Consult with the Chief, or Director as necessary.
• Coordinate with managers of other DASNY units to ensure the efficient flow of processes within the organization and provide assistance on all procurement matters.
• Draft, review, recommend, approve and/or execute as authorized procurement-related documentation, including correspondence, requests for proposals, requests for qualifications, expressions of interests, bid openings, contract awards, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and contracts, work authorizations, work orders and any related documents and/or amendments in accordance with established procedures. Verify that all documents are in proper legal form and have all necessary approvals and supporting documents.
• Conduct final desk audits and approvals of procurements processed by the Assistant Procurement Administrators and reviewed by the Procurement Administrator.
• Manage the status of the assigned team procurements with respect to volume, potential delays and/or available funding and follow up with the Procurement Administrator and Assistant Procurement Administrator.
• Assist the Chief and/or the Director in developing the parameters, processes, and procedures for new projects or programs administered by DASNY, including attending meetings and drafting documents as needed.
• Assist the Chief and/or the Director in the development, documentation and implementation of procurement policies and procedures, and recommend changes to existing processes and procedures necessary to properly implement the various procurements administered by DASNY.
• Assist the Chief and/or the Director, as appropriate, to assess, develop and implement internal controls for the Procurement Unit, and assist with the review and testing of such controls.
• In coordination with the Chief and/or the Director, prepare documentation and/or responses to FOIL requests and/or policy matters relating to the procurement.
• Gather data, perform research and report findings to the Chief and/or Director and Counsel's Office as needed.
• Develop systems applications and procedures to improve workflow.
• Monitor project budgets and procurements schedules with DASNY staff and client requirements and adjust procurement schedule accordingly.
• Ensure that a complete and accurate procurement record is maintained in accordance with established procedures.
• Maintain working knowledge of issues and developments in public procurement.
• Develop and monitor performance measures and unit goals and objectives.
• Market DASNY services to clients, at conferences, and trade shows. Develop, document, implement and/or supervise implementation of procedures.
• Work closely with the Office of Opportunity Programs to encourage small and veteran-, minority-, and women-owned business participation in DASNY procurements.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise, train and evaluate employees.
• May sign and authorize purchase orders and work authorizations.
• Assist in the tracking and reporting of performance measures related to the procurement function.
• May provide assistance with the development of systems solutions.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls, and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Assist DASNY management in the development of policies.
• Develop, document and implement policies and procedures. Assess, develop and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Supervision of employees is required.
Travel may be required, using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires complex and time-pressured decision-making. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, printer, copier, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, telephone, fax machine, shredder, scanner.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year (plus one float day)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
We offer additional benefits, which includes:
Telecommuting Work Plan - Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to DASNY’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines. The days designated as telecommute days must be consistent with operational needs as determined by DASNY division, department and/or unit management. Employees may only telecommute on up to four (4) workdays per pay period and shall be limited to no more than two (2) contiguous telecommute workdays. Eligibility applies after 3 months of employment.
Limited Work from Home (LWFH) – additional telecommute days according to DASNY’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines. Eligibility applies after 6 months of employment.
DASNY is a government employer for purposes of the Public Services Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF Program). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance of certain student loans after making 120 qualifying monthly payments. For more information regarding PSLF Program and whether you qualify please visit the Studentaid.gov website.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease use the following link to apply:
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.