Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or
Associate’s degree plus three years relevant experience or
High School diploma or equivalent plus four years of DASNY relevant experience or
High School Diploma plus five years of relevant experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration plus one-year relevant experience in a similar sized public organization.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Assistant Procurement Administrator assists department staff and leadership with the administration of DASNY’s procurement of goods or services for itself and its clients, including all related programmatic, administrative, and clerical tasks. The Assistant Procurement Administrator undertakes assignments as directed and works both independently and as part of a team.
• Assist and participate in all phases of DASNY’s procurement of professional services, the bidding and award of construction contracts and/or the purchase and delivery of fixtures, furnishings and equipment and related services for DASNY and its clients, in accordance with established procedures.
• Prepare, process and review term procurements and the selection and award of term contracts and the issuance of work orders and any related documents or amendments.
• Assist DASNY staff, clients, consultants, contractors, vendors and/or other third parties in the preparation, processing, posting, publication, completion, submission, review, coordination and gathering approvals for all procurement related activities and/or documentation, including, but not limited to, requests for proposals, requests for qualifications, expressions of interests, bid openings, selection committees, contract awards, job orders, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and contracts, work authorizations, work orders and/or any related documents and/or amendments in accordance with established procedures.
• Coordinate, schedule and attend meetings, coordinate follow-up on issues identified in meetings; prepare and distribute meeting minutes and related boilerplate documents, forms and correspondence.
• Coordinate and schedule pre-bid meetings and/or site visits.
• Prepare, review and/or disseminate correspondence to DASNY staff and clients, consultants, contractors, vendors and/or other third parties in accordance with established procedures.
• Assist in the evaluation of vendor responsibility and responsiveness by conducting independent research and gathering information from public record databases to collect adverse information regarding contractors, consultants, and vendors.
• Gather, review and/or monitor consultants, contractors and/or vendors insurance documents for compliance with contractual requirements, and interact with consultants, contractors and/or vendors, brokers/agents, and DASNY personnel and third-party vendors as necessary or required.
• Provide data input into various financial, construction management, and procurement systems update and maintain online procurement tracking systems and develop, prepare and maintain reports, dashboards, spreadsheets, logs, charts and/or related databases.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with DASNY’s established procurement procedures and guidelines, and applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
• Maintain and revise contract boilerplate documents as directed.
• Identify and describe potential problems and/or delays in the procurement process or workflow and recommend potential improvement opportunities to processes, documents and forms to improve workflow.
• Ensure the confidentiality of information gathered during the procurement process.
• Ensure that a complete and accurate procurement record is maintained in accordance with established procedures.
• Collaborate, assist and coordinate with Opportunity Programs staff throughout all phases of DASNY procurements to further develop, integrate, implement and enhance NYS and DASNY policy objectives to encourage and further MWBE and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) participation as set forth in Executive Law Article 15-A and Executive Law Article 17-B.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide procurement support to other staff and units as needed.
• Oversee file maintenance for procurements.
• Prepare correspondence, deliver mail, send and receive mail and packages as requested.
• Assist in tracking and reporting of procurement performance measures related to all types of procurements.
• Assist in review of documentation and/or responses to press inquiries and/or FOIL requests, as directed.
• Assist with the development, documentation, posting and implementation of procedures and associated forms.
• Assist with the assessment/development and implementation of internal controls and participate in the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must maintain regular attendance in accordance with DASNY attendance and leave policies.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Information Technology Services. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Supervision of employees may be required.
Occasional travel may be required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment, including the use of one or more of the following: PC, printer, copier, electronic stapler/hole punch/date stamp, telephone, fax machine, shredder, scanner.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year (plus one float day)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
We offer additional benefits, which includes:
• Telecommuting Work Plan - Employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to DASNY’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines. The days designated as telecommute days must be consistent with operational needs as determined by DASNY division, department and/or unit management. Employees may only telecommute on up to four (4) workdays per pay period and shall be limited to no more than two (2) contiguous telecommute workdays. Eligibility applies after 3 months of employment.
• Limited Work from Home (LWFH) – additional telecommute days according to DASNY’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines. Eligibility applies after 6 months of employment.
• DASNY is a government employer for purposes of the Public Services Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF Program). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance of certain student loans after making 120 qualifying monthly payments. For more information regarding PSLF Program and whether you qualify please visit the Studentaid.gov website.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease copy and paste the link into your browser to apply:
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.