Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• One year as an Office Assistant 1; or one year of permanent service in a clerical or keyboarding title allocated to Grade 5 or higher.
• Three or more years working in an educational setting.
• Previous experience in university systems including HUB, GradMit, International admissions policy preferred.
Duties Description Position Summary:
The Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences (PAS) is seeking a full-time Office Assistant 2 to provide departmental coverage on all aspects of the department, providing back up coverage to the department Office Assistant 1 as needed. Key job tasks will be academic support for all courses and graduate student activities. This position will also serve as additional support to the Chair in conjunction with the Assistant to Chair. In this position, you will be responsible for:
• providing additional front office support in the department, including assistance to all Faculty and Professional Staff in the department;
• purchase requisitions, meeting minutes, correspondence, copying of exams, travel vouchers, and backup assistance for maintenance of office equipment;
• academic activities of the department as the Department Scheduler: access to HUB system, eValue system; PAS courses include undergraduate, medical students, dental students, and graduate level courses.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.