Minimum Qualifications Education Level Required: High School Diploma w/ Secretarial/business school; Degree a plus.
Relevant Experience Required: 5+ years of administrative and secretarial experience; including working for senior executives.
Knowledge Required: Excellent oral and written communications skills. High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Basis knowledge of MS Access is a plus.
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
Perform a wide range of administrative and secretarial duties to support the activities of the Regional Director and the Long Island Regional Office Staff.
• To perform a wide range of duties to support day-to-day operations for the regional office which includes: answering phones, maintain file systems, maintain tracking of various lists, copying and faxing, schedule internal and external meetings and events, order and maintain supplies, open and distribute mail
• Serve as administrative support to the Long Island Project Managers and Originators as needed, including assisting with project application reviews, preparation of origination materials, Incentive Proposals, closing documents and other required documentation, as well as scheduling and holding public hearings
• Data Management — Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets. Input and manipulate data as needed. Continually update ESD's Project Tracking System, Regional Office tools and Excel spreadsheets
• Screen and handle all incoming calls to the office, determine which calls require personal attention, those that may be referred to other staff members and those that can be handled immediately
• Assist HD staff with meeting preparation: including presentation creation and editing, meeting logistics and set-up
• Research and Data Analysis — Organize and execute fulfillment of research and data requests. Conduct analysis as required to support the Regional Council plans/materials, Industry Analyses, Outreach Efforts, etc
• Coordinate, execute and ensure on-time, accurate reporting of the Long Island Office and Regional Council projects and activities as required
• Handle all scheduling matters: monitor scheduling changes, provide meeting reminders and updates, confirm meetings and conference calls
• Monitor the Long Island Start Up NY website. Follow up with contacted leads who have not responded to Long Island team members. Monitor those who have been contacted and proceed with their inquiries accordingly
• Spreadsheet generation, editing and updating from various reports and databases.
• Receive visitors/guests in a congenial and professional manner, providing direction and informing ESD staff of the arrivals
• Coordinate travel arrangements, obtain approvals and prepare travel and business expense forms for the Regional Director
• Handle special projects assigned by the Regional Director, as appropriate.
• Assist professional staff in the office as required
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY