Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: BA in an IT related discipline with minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field; Or a 2-year degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; Or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Relevant experience required: Extensive experience in an Application Development role.
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
For the Database of Economic Incentive’s: Responsible for the front-end user interface (UI) of ESD’s Database of Economic Incentives database and partnering with backend development to ensure that the front and back-ends work together as expected. Applicant must possess a proficient knowledge of current programming languages and be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Duties will include application programming, system installation/maintenance, diagnostics/performance monitoring, end user support, system disaster recovery, application testing and documentation as well as to provide technical assistance in any other area of IT as directed by department managers.
• Develop and support ESD’s Database of Economic Incentives (DOEI) UI and business applications, taking on an active role in all stages of the application development life cycle
• Work closely with the Database of Economic Incentives Program Team, BA/PM, Database Architect/Developer, ESD Data Warehouse Architect, external contractor as well as other key IT Teams in support of the DOEI and associated platforms
• Implement changes to UI as needed including but not limited to new filters, new fields, new data added, etc
• Establish and maintain proper security roles and log-in functionality for the DOEI UI
• Support, create and enhance new workflows, reports and customizations
• Provide Data Analysis and Ad Hoc reporting as required by application users and ESD Management
• Troubleshoot application performance bottlenecks to ensure fast efficient workflow and data processing
• Develop “Test and Debug” strategies to ensure System reliability and data integrity
• Assist with creating and maintaining documentation of DOEI workflow, user guides and data dictionaries
• Research new technologies to improve professional knowledge and maintain an industry current skillset
• Assist ESD’s development team with supporting other critical projects and platforms as time permits
• Assist with IT Disaster Recovery efforts, testing and documentation
• Perform other related duties as directed by IT Management
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY