Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: BA in an IT related discipline with minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field; Or a 2-year degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience; Or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Relevant experience required: Extensive experience in an Application Development role
Knowledge required: Strong proficiency, Microsoft SQL Server TSQL, Integration services (SSIS), working knowledge of principles of Data modeling, especially OLAP design. Microsoft Visual Studio 2015+, Microsoft SQL Server 2016+, Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Operating Systems. Ability to work with a diverse group of people at both a functional and technical level and communicate at a level appropriate to audience; Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
For the Database of Economic Incentive’s: Develop, test, and maintain new and existing Microsoft SQL Server Databases in support of ESD’s business requirements. Applicant must possess a proficient knowledge of current /programming languages and be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Duties will include application programming, system installation/maintenance, diagnostics/performance monitoring, end user support, system disaster recovery, application testing and documentation as well as to provide technical assistance in any other area of IT as directed by department managers.
• Develop and support ESD’s Database of Economic Incentives (DOEI) database and business applications, taking on an active role in all stages of the application development life cycle
• Make changes to the DOEI database as needed including but not limited to new program and existing field mapping, etc
• Develop, maintain, and make any necessary changes to SSIS packages & Stored procedures used to populate the Database
• Establish new and maintain existing connections to external databases
• Establish and maintain proper security roles for the DOEI and associated databases
• Work closely with Database of Economic Incentives Program Team, BA/PM, UT Developer, ESD Data Warehouse Architect, external contractors as well as other key IT Teams in support of the DOEI and associated platforms
• Support, create and enhance new workflows, reports and customizations
• Provide Data Analysis and Ad Hoc reporting as required by application users and ESD Management
• Troubleshoot application performance bottlenecks to ensure fast efficient workflow and data processing
• Develop “Test and Debug” strategies to ensure System reliability and data integrity
• Assist with creating and maintaining documentation of DOEI workflow, user guides and data dictionaries
• Research new technologies to improve professional knowledge and maintain an industry current skillset
• Assist ESD’s development team with supporting other critical projects and platforms as time permits
• Assist with IT Disaster Recovery efforts, testing and documentation
• Perform other related duties as directed by IT Management
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY