Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: J.D. or LLB from an accredited law school; admission to New York State Bar
Relevant experience required: 4+ years of general legal experience or relevant government legal experience; ability to work independently, exercise excellent judgment & discretion and maintain confidentiality; excellent follow up and project tracking skills; high proficiency computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel; ability to work successfully as part of a team a must; at least one year of experience as a supervisor or manager.
Duties Description *Applicants MUST submit a cover letter with resume to be considered.
*Position expected to work onsite and hybrid consistent with New York State.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of the Division of Minority & Women’s Business Development (MWBD), the Special Advisor will work with the Division on developing policies and programs that will promote the growth of the MWBE program and expand opportunities for MWBE firms. In addition, they will utilize data, evaluation analysis, and policy development to help plan content rich events and conferences that help promote the advancement of MWBE firms. They will work with the Division to respond to administrative requests for New York State public agencies and authorities within the provisions of Article 15-A of the Executive Law and the attendant rules and regulations. Statewide travel may be required.
· Conducts policy research and analysis to prepare white papers reflective of Article 15-A of the Executive Law and national MWBE standards and policies to help the NYS MWBE program grow and develop.
· Serves as a liaison between the Executive Director, and MWBD leadership to develop and implement new policy and programs.
· Develops and conducts program evaluations, and analysis of statewide data to identify potential areas for program development and growth for the MWBD.
· Works on operationalizing and executing projects based on policy recommendations and regulations associated with Article 15-A of the Executive Law.
· Prepares internal and external correspondence and documents related to administrative requests for New York State public agencies and authorities.
· Manages group projects to timely completion and reports to Executive Director on progress or obstacles as well as provides appropriate solutions to issues that arise.
· Provides information needed by other Division units to ensure the participation of eligible firms in MWBE initiatives, including certification, business development, and training.
· Identifies business opportunities in contracting and in capital programs based on state and national economic and industry trends and advises the certification and business development units on policy and program development to counsel MWBEs on business strategies.
· Participate on panels for various business seminars and work on special projects as assigned.
· Participate in internal and external meetings related to the MWBE program.
· Support and advise the DMWBD Executive Director including:
o provide advice on applications for NYS MWBE certification applications;
o provide advice regarding program compliance, including but not limited to procurements, FOIL requests or other third- party inquiries.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates: Please attach cover letter and resume. To apply copy & paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP using the Myself/Talent menu and submit your cover letter and resume for consideration
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY