2090 Albany Post Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• 1: current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian (RD). You must indicate your RD registration number on your application.
• 2: your New York State Education Department (NYSED) certification in dietetics-nutrition AND have completed a minimum of an additional 400 hours* of supervised dietetics practice under the supervision of a RD.
You must indicate your NYSED certification in dietetics-nutrition number on your application.
OR: Eligible for a 70.1 transfer
* If you are qualifying under #2, the additional 400 hours required is in addition to the 800 hours of supervised dietetics practice under the supervision of an RD required for NYSED certification. On your application you must provide the name of the institution where you obtained the additional hours; the name of your supervisor; and your supervisor's qualifications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Dietitian for survey purposes
This appointment is permanent, non-competitive under the Hiring for Emergency Limited Placement (HELP) Program. For the duration of the HELP Program, this title will be filled via permanent non-competitive appointment, which means no examination is required but all candidates must meet the minimum qualifications of the titles for which they apply. At the close of the HELP program (March 31, 2024), employees hired under the HELP Program will have their non-competitive employment status converted to competitive status. Employees will then be afforded with all of the same rights and privileges of competitive class employees of New York State.
Duties Description Maintains individuals' records in accordance with program standards and requirements; and documents and updates individuals' information, such as diet histories and plans, and modifications prescribed by physicians.
Performs standardized dietetic care tasks, such as nutrition screenings and assessments on low-risk individuals;
consults with supervisor and treatment staff regarding changes in individuals' diet and nutrition goals.
Provides standard nutrition information and instruction on diets and food preparation activities to individuals, families, and healthcare staff; assists in identifying deficiencies and implementing corrective action plans to ensure compliance with prescribed diets, menus, standards, and requirements.
Monitors and maintains food service and supply inventories.
Provide professional dietetic and nutrition services to individuals and assists in the management of food and nutrition program operations.
Serves as a member of multidisciplinary treatment team; completes nutrition screenings and assessments; consults with healthcare providers on individual diet therapy programs to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions; and identifies and recommends regimens to improve and maintain individuals' nutritional health.
Develops, plans, and/or approves diets and menus, including changes and substitutions; initiates actions to modify menus based on individual preferences and concerns; and coordinates and supervises recipe development and standardization.
Provides nutritional care instructions, information, training, and consultation services to individuals and families; healthcare, direct care, and food and nutrition staff; and community-based programs on nutrition therapy, menu planning, and food preparation, sanitation, and safety procedures.
Additional Comments We offer a work-life balance and a generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
• Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Pension from New York State Employees’ Retirement System
• Shift & Geographic pay differentials
• Affordable Health Care options
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• NYS Deferred Compensation plan
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, and U.S. Savings Bonds
• And many more.
Some early morning hours required to participate in wound rounds.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
2090 Albany Post Road
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit an updated Resume with a cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications.
Permanent, Non-Competitive, full-time. Transfer candidates may be asked for SSN to verify title history and eligibility.