80 South Swan Street
Minimum Qualifications Permanent service in this title, or one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service in a title SG-21 or higher and otherwise eligible for transfer under Civil Service Law, or reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list.
Duties Description The duties of this position will include:
• Reports to the Administrative Services Unit Chief and functions as a member of the ASU management team;
• Oversees all finance and budget operations for the agency, including: voucher processing, budget journals and transfers, federal drawdowns, federal fiscal reports, and the travel and procurement card program;
• Manages the development of the agency’s annual budget request;
• Performs analysis of the agency’s budget and spending needs and develops ongoing financial projections;
• Oversees the processing of quarterly grant payments to approximately 200 Victim Assistance Programs;
• Manages the processing of suballocations to other State agencies and monitors related spending;
• Supervises the processing of victim compensation payments, including daily bulkload vouchers, Emergency Awards (EAs), and stopped or reissued payments.
• Verifies appropriate fund sources and chart of account codes are used for State Operations expenses;
• Oversees revenue and accounts receivable functions;
• Develops and updates policies and procedures related to finance and budgeting functions;
• Serves as a liaison with the Statewide Financial System, the Business Services Center, the Division of the Budget, and the Office of the State Comptroller; and
• Coordinates the Agency’s internal controls process.
Additional Comments Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. OVS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Unit at DEI@dcjs.ny.gov or (518) 485-1704.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources - 6th Floor