Minimum Qualifications Qualifications:
• Ten (10) years professional experience in providing advice and assistance to executive and senior management in the planning, implementation and evaluation of new and existing operations, policies, procedures, and training.
• At least five 5+ years of experience Low Code/No-code Development technologies (LCAP) technologies such as e.g., Power Apps, Appian, OutSystems, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools and Business Process Automation (BPA) platforms.
The following preferred qualifications are a plus but not required:
• 3+ years of experience Low Code/No-code Development technologies (LCAP) technologies such as e.g., Power Apps, Appian, OutSystems, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools and Business Process Automation (BPA) platforms.
• 5+ years of Experience as a technical lead or Architect on Mid to large size IT Projects.
• 5+ Experience supervising multiple state staff and consultants.
• 5+ Experience troubleshooting application issues including performance related issues.
• 10+ Experience with application development Technologies including but not limited to custom development and COTS systems across .NET and Java based stacks.
• 5+ Experience with API development, management, API Tools and integration with Identity Platforms, Content Management Platforms, SaaS solutions and Security Platforms.
• Experience integration with Logging and application monitoring tools (e.g. Solarwinds, SPLUNK).
• Experience developing standards/practices that improve secure adoption of DevOps, cloud container apps, and Agile dev/project management.
• Work with IT leadership to develop technical strategic roadmaps.
• Experience with standard concepts, best practices, and procedures for application development and deployment.
• Experience with Design, develop, and implement complex web-based components, applications, and microservices to support business requirements.
• Experience with Application Architecture to design robust, reliable, and performance components and applications.
• Experience with Advanced Reporting and Analytics tools.
• Experience with Application Security and implementing security requirements.
• Training and knowledge transfer.
Duties Description Do you have a drive to find solutions to complex problems through innovative technology approaches? Are you looking to bring that passion, experience and skill set to an organization which serves the interests of the citizens of New York State in a multitude of ways every day? Then we encourage you to apply for the Modern Applications Team IT Manager position in Information Technology at The Office of the New York State Attorney General (OAG).
The OAG is recognized as a national leader in civil rights, investor protection, labor rights, personal privacy, public safety, and criminal law enforcement. The Information Technology Bureau has the unique responsibility of supporting the OAG as the People’s Lawyer in its many and varied initiatives, multiple locations, and numerous platforms. The OAG is responsible for defending the State in litigation, engages in affirmative civil and criminal investigations and litigation, and serves as the chief guardian of the legal rights of the citizens of New York, its businesses, and its natural resources.
The Information Technology Bureau (IT) within the Office of the New York State Attorney General is seeking a Modern Applications Team IT Manager to lead and engineer Low/No-code (LCAP) Development, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and Business Process Automation (BPA) platforms on multiple high-profile projects for the Attorney General’s Office. The Modern Applications Team IT Manager will engage as a high-level expert and analyze and translate business, information, and technical requirements into architectural blueprints that outline solutions to achieve business objectives using LCAP and RPA development. This position will also work with system architecture, application, security, and infrastructure teams to produce optimal, high-level conceptual designs for the project. Additionally, this position will develop enterprise-level solutions using the technologies mentioned above, focusing on end-user experience, release and change management activities, and training and knowledge transfer to ensure the OAG IT staff gains the necessary expertise to become self-sufficient. The position is a non-competitive Civil Service position, the bargaining unit is PEF. This position will be located in Latham, NY.
Key Responsibilities for this position include:
• Provide expertise in developing LCAP and RPA solutions and lead the Modern App team within the Enterprise Applications unit.
• Develop the blueprints, framework, and documented repeatable process to ensure the OAG gains the necessary expertise, including technical standards and application architecture designs.
• Design, develop, test, document and roll out at least five critical low-code applications on leading modern platforms
• Perform and guide complex development tasks, including third-party integration, existing user interface changes, customized user interfaces development, and custom solutions to enforce robust business logic.
• Provide knowledge transfer and training to the Enterprise applications unit to ensure future independence.
• Communicate complex technical information both orally and in writing.
• Define scope and objectives of short-term and long-range projects for Enterprise Applications.
• Coordinate with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure compliance with security policies. Monitor compliance and take appropriate action as needed.
• Work with Director of Enterprise Applications on system analysis and application architecture for major initiatives.
• Provide detailed status reports on a weekly basis.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Additional Comments As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules. The Hire Rate for this position is $100,761.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The OAG is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingApplications are being accepted via email. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include Vacancy ID: 143502 in the subject of your email.
Please be advised that applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Therefore, you are encouraged to submit your resume as soon as possible.